Equipment you wish you never bought

Currently reading:
Equipment you wish you never bought

I will start it off with these

First problem is the heads so big it never fits on a nut or bolt unless there is loads of room around it

The second problem is the offset normally hits on something so you have to turn upside down in which case it takes up more room than a socket and ratchet

Third problem it's only got 16 teeth, so you normally have to keep taking it off and use it as a normal spanner

There's much better ones out there don't wast you're money

I have had them for decades

IMG_20230627_102917.jpg
IMG_20230627_102906.jpg

I have some cranked ratchet spanners with 24 teeth, so much more useable…however, because of the crank, you do need to be more careful of it slipping off the nut/bolt and rapping your knuckles.
I find the smallest ones most useful, so 12mm or less…I won’t be replacing them but then, I’ve probably had them 30yrs

A mini circular saw, this is the third one, two worx ones, a bosch and a cheap Lidl one…the motors burn out far too easily…the worx one lasted longest and they replaced it straight away.
I never force any saw as the blade is meant to do the work, not the operator, and always give tools a blast of air to remove dust and detritus.
They’re largely claimed to cut through 18-24mm, they’ve only been used on 9mm. Not one of them lasted a year.
I was lent a Makita cordless one that was actually pretty good, but the batteries don’t last very long, and I honestly couldn’t say how well it would last

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpeg
    IMG_1425.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
Back