Ambient temperature sensor tipo

Currently reading:
Ambient temperature sensor tipo

Has anyone changed the ambient temperature sensor on their vehicle? My Tipo one was reading "--" so picked up a new sensor off eBay and spliced it in, it now works but is over 30c above actual temperature. Contacted seller who sent a replacement but that does the same. Wondering if anyone has experienced similar or know of a way to recalibrate this? Could it simply be the wrong sensor? Would there be any tests I could perform on it ? Thanks in hope!

Has anyone changed the ambient temperature sensor on their vehicle? My Tipo one was reading "--" so picked up a new sensor off eBay and spliced it in, it now works but is over 30c above actual temperature. Contacted seller who sent a replacement but that does the same. Wondering if anyone has experienced similar or know of a way to recalibrate this? Could it simply be the wrong sensor? Would there be any tests I could perform on it ? Thanks in hope!

Not an uncommon swap in the Ducato..
Search will find that info 🙂

The swap was the easy bit it's the whole troubleshooting I'm struggling with now it works but not properly 😵‍💫
Did you manage to solve the issue with the temperature sensor. Mine is doing the same, reading -30 outside and now it's throwing the air con out. I was looking at getting a new sensor off eBay as you have done.... Unsure if it needed reprogramming though?

Did you manage to solve the issue with the temperature sensor. Mine is doing the same, reading -30 outside and now it's throwing the air con out. I was looking at getting a new sensor off eBay as you have done.... Unsure if it needed reprogramming though?
Not quite, I had no reading, tried two eBay sensors but they all read 20/30c above actual temperature! I have one other to try from somewhere else but not got round to swapping yet!

Not quite, I had no reading, tried two eBay sensors but they all read 20/30c above actual temperature! I have one other to try from somewhere else but not got round to swapping yet!
Ah okay, I will give it a go and let the forum know how I get on, did you mention that this sensor effected the air con as well?? As my blowers/air con are effected

Back