04110.JPG

Stilo Enzo, my shumey GP.

Introduction

now i've finally got some decent photos of Enzo which don't have my house in the background, i can now show my him off in all his glory! ........so here he is, a 2006 stilo schumacher GP, number 186. He's almost standard only for a few areas. The suspension been further lowerd with Ebach springs, 8mm spacers at the rear, 5mm at the front, red stuff front and rear pads, goodridge braided brake hoses, a GSR induction pipe, and a momo duke gear knob.
standard power for this car is 170BHP, however, being an ex-forum members car, i do have photographic evidence of it running at 204BHP due to a re-map but can't comform that it is still running this modifcation......booooooo:p

my to do list is as follows.... a front strut brace, a K&N cone filter, removal of the 2nd cat and replace with a new system, and sort the tunes out with a new head unit and base bin in the boot.There are no external "mods" in the pipe line

Well it's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that I am parting company with my beloved Enzo :cry:

I bought it in 2010 and have had an awesome time owning it And taking it to shows and even a magazine shoot! :). I did have many mods in the pipe line as well as a rebuild but sadly I spent the majority of the spring,summer and autum fixing and modifying the 126 that I have now just simply ran out of time and motivation to get the jobs done :( which is a dam shame as it would of been a hell of a machine if I had finished it. There were also a few cosmetic issues which were niggling me plus the ever increasing road tax, fuel bills and oil consumption. So as one chapter closes another opens.........

His replacement was never going to be easy. I wanted to stay fiat but the opinions weren't great. The 500 was too small as was the punto and the 500L is not for me. I really liked the skoda rapid and the seat Leon too and the alfa gulietta was a serious contender aswell and I viewed two however as I looked deeper into it I found I could get something else that's almost mechanically the same, better equipped and of course (or should I say more importantly) cheaper......

And so here it is :) a 1.4 140bhp turbo bravo - my first turbo car (y)

So it's a "goodbye and thanks" to the Stilo department for all their help and a big "hello" to the bravo guys :D

:O GADGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved Enzo! I hope he finds a new owner that treats him as well as you did!

But the Bravo! I look forward to seeing some interesting alterations... at least? I hope that is what your planning :p

I know I really hope he finds his way back to the forum by his new owner but his value is so low that I fear the chavs will get hold of him but fingers crossed he will end up being looked after :)

As for the bravo (I've yet to name him! :D) I'm under strict instructions to leave him alone!........ So naturally I've already checked out the price for a K&N, strut braces, cross drilled discs and a new head unit :p

I know I really hope he finds his way back to the forum by his new owner but his value is so low that I fear the chavs will get hold of him but fingers crossed he will end up being looked after :)

As for the bravo (I've yet to name him! :D) I'm under strict instructions to leave him alone!........ So naturally I've already checked out the price for a K&N, strut braces, cross drilled discs and a new head unit :p

Pahahaaha that won't happen!

I look forward to a nice induction kit, exhaust and some goodies ;D you know you won't leave him/her alone hahaha

WOW !!! gadge thought id never see the day ,, realy hope enzo ends up in a good home , think i may have to come buy it ,,, wish i knew id of had a few parts off you :p

cant wait to see the brav getting your own little touches done to it ... hope your not leaving the stilo section ,,, i need some one to comment on my thread :p

WOW !!! gadge thought id never see the day ,, realy hope enzo ends up in a good home , think i may have to come buy it ,,, wish i knew id of had a few parts off you :p

cant wait to see the brav getting your own little touches done to it ... hope your not leaving the stilo section ,,, i need some one to comment on my thread :p

Don't worry Jimmy I'll still be around :D I always knew it'll go one day. I still do have some spares lying around that you may be interested in? Keep an eye on the classifieds (y)

Sorry to see it go gadge. Good luck with the new one. I will be keeping my eye on the classifieds too! Give us a heads-up when you put things on there...

Thanks peril (y) I Will do mate need to have a sort out. I have accumulated quite a few parts none of which are transferable to my new car. Stuff like suspension top bearings, front wheel bearings, two of the three strut braces a lovely mesh grill that I never ever fitted, a spare coil........ Loads of stuff :D I wasted my money really but I never planned on selling it this soon :(

Last edited:
took my last photo of Enzo outside the dealership where I traded him in and handed over the keys :(

gonna miss the old boy. He was my first (and probably last) bonafied hot hatch GTI - the last of the big 20 valve thumpers. Had a great time owning him over the last 4 years and he never failed to turn heads at all the shows I attended and I even got him in a magazine! which i've always wanted to do :) its a shame I never got around to rebuilding him into a real tarmac terror but alas I just ran out of steam :eek: looking forward to a future filled with boost though and although the new bravo wont sound or dazzle like Enzo did it will be a great car i'm sure (y)

I wanted to put one last photo up - a last hurrah - but theres soooo many! :D but in the end I found this one below from the auto italia photo shoot. it was taken at the start as a kind of test shot with all the lights and photo equipment all in situ and I always liked it as it reminds me of what Enzo really was..... a superstar! :)

what dealership is it mate?? I might keep my eye on there website for when he goes up for sale... intrigued to know what they put it up for..

Research garage Nuneaton mate although I doubt it'll go on the forecourt itll probably go straight to auction...... Unless a nice mechanic (or is it a "technician" ) will buy it? :D

I've just sold mine too Gadge hope I've made the right decision :-\ What have you replaced Enzo with

Back