Engine swap

Currently reading:
Engine swap

TRAC stug77

Hi I'm new here I've recently purchased an ex taxi 9 seater scudo which is ideal for my family but wanted to know if anyone has any experience or knows of anyone that has engine swapped this vehicle for something with more power? It's a 2008 2.0 diesel multijet

Hi I'm new here I've recently purchased an ex taxi 9 seater scudo which is ideal for my family but wanted to know if anyone has any experience or knows of anyone that has engine swapped this vehicle for something with more power? It's a 2008 2.0 diesel multijet

Fiat no longer make LARGE engines..

Being an ex.taxi

Im guessing the current motor may be well past its peak
(should be capable of 120/150 hp)

Apparently they came with a 120 and a 138bhp option on the same 2.0l, assuming they engine is ok and doesn’t have any faults most people would just take it for an engine ecu remap and probably get another 20-60hp maybe even more

No need to change the engine which would cost way over an above what an Ecu remap would cost.

I tell this story a lot but my brother who builds camper vans had a customer who wanted more power, from an 80hp vw transporter van. Where he has his business is an engine tuners, so he left it with them for an hour, they also have a rolling road and after tuning it where interested to see what the output was so they dyno’d this old essentially builders van, afterwards it had 160hp !! Which is just ridiculous!! They did nothing more than tweek the software and doubled the hp, obviously doesn’t apply to every engine the 80hp transporter is massively de-tuned so normally in most cars it would be 120/140hp but still a massive improvement.

As an example

Attachments

• A7ADFF1D-7C26-42B0-9FCE-2C0EE045E2D9.jpeg
    A7ADFF1D-7C26-42B0-9FCE-2C0EE045E2D9.jpeg
    587.8 KB · Views: 37
Back