Battery swapping EV

Currently reading:
Battery swapping EV

I saw this....they seem to be investing in literally every possible technology at the minute.

I saw they are also building some hydrogen combustion engines.

It's feeling a bit like throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

There was one on test about 30/40 years back in I think Bolton,
but this one could run half a day and was spun back up by compressed air
wile the driver took his dinner, don't know what happened to it.

Contra-rotating flywheels.

Remember the Gyro Bus - 1940s technology that was put into production

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrobus

Brings a new meaning to "taking the car for a spin" :)
My uncle, way back in the eighties wehn I was an apprentice, described a prototype gyroscopic vehicle that the company he worked for were experimenting with. He worked in the armaments part of a company that also made train engines, so make what you want out of that

Contra-rotating flywheels.

Remember the Gyro Bus - 1940s technology that was put into production

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrobus

Brings a new meaning to "taking the car for a spin" :)

Google "Gyrodrive bus" 😉

It's still in the public consciousness,
(See the Oxford link that was top when I searched)

But Electric battery tech has been pushed to the fore, due to that nasty diesel stuff.. 🤔

Google "Gyrodrive bus" 😉

It's still in the public consciousness,
(See the Oxford link that was top when I searched)

But Electric battery tech has been pushed to the fore, due to that nasty diesel stuff.. 🤔
But have you seen the gyro-car, the US one that hovers, it’s the future! It could only hover at 6” and, any higher, it would flip over! Saw it on one of those silly ‘alien technology’ programmes on blaze. They never seem to answer the obvious question, if aliens are sharing their technology with us, why are they crap or is it…an alien candid camera prank show?

Well the Gyrodrive / Similar busses although limited to say 5 or 6 miles that meant the unlike the electric trolley buses they only needed a simple overhead electric gantry to connect with and charge up. Charging on took 2 or three minutes which is probably the same time load and unload passenger on a buy day.

I gather that people are looking at in road inductive charging. This make sense in cities with all these traffic lights and pedestrian crossings. Small batteries, frequent charging, lower cost (well for the battery). Just don't venture "out of town".

Well the Gyrodrive / Similar busses although limited to say 5 or 6 miles that meant the unlike the electric trolley buses they only needed a simple overhead electric gantry to connect with and charge up. Charging on took 2 or three minutes which is probably the same time load and unload passenger on a buy day.

I gather that people are looking at in road inductive charging. This make sense in cities with all these traffic lights and pedestrian crossings. Small batteries, frequent charging, lower cost (well for the battery). Just don't venture "out of town".
Cities, at least well established ones, have so much ‘crap’ under the roads, there’s no room for anything else…if you google old pic’s of Leeds City Square, every time they dig it up they come across the tram tracks. Bearing in mind it costs stupid amounts to build 1m of motorway or rail track in this country, they’d either baulk at the costs or, more probably, give the contracts to Michelle mone or Hancocks pub landlord, spend billions and get nothing

Cities, at least well established ones, have so much ‘crap’ under the roads, there’s no room for anything else…if you google old pic’s of Leeds City Square, every time they dig it up they come across the tram tracks. Bearing in mind it costs stupid amounts to build 1m of motorway or rail track in this country, they’d either baulk at the costs or, more probably, give the contracts to Michelle mone or Hancocks pub landlord, spend billions and get nothing
Always reminds me of the maglev train in the Simpsons

Back