Technical Engine rattle

Currently reading:
Technical Engine rattle

Do you have a bracket #51816520 holding the exhaust down-pipe to the engine block, down by the sump?

The bracket is in Purple Heart corner and usually rusts away.. but it remains in place, apparently doing something but actually not doing anything. Without the extra bracing the manifold can shake about and that might loosen the manifold nuts.. just my thoughts.

Ralf S.

Do you have a bracket #51816520 holding the exhaust down-pipe to the engine block, down by the sump?

The bracket is in Purple Heart corner and usually rusts away.. but it remains in place, apparently doing something but actually not doing anything. Without the extra bracing the manifold can shake about and that might loosen the manifold nuts.. just my thoughts.

Ralf S.

Attachments

• 20201102_091128.jpg
    20201102_091128.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30

Ralf S.
Great minds 👍 I was just wondering 💭 how in the hell there was a loose nut on the manifold….. I actually replaced that bracket back in 2020 during lockdown as I think John asked where it was 😂 and the flywheel inspection cover too!!

I did a bit of driving driving before I fitted that bracket and could actually feel the exhaust wobble below!
It’s got to be something to do with that missing bracket surly… I doubt the garage that did my gearbox that summer removed the manifold as why would you!?!
Something of a mystery as the rest were tighter than a nats arse 😂

Back