Technical Engine Managemet light

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Managemet light

gortex

I have my bravo for 2 years now its a 2001 reg 1.2. Last week i was driving at about 60mph for about an hour with no problems but as i slowed down i felt the car judder and the engine management light flashed on and off.. i stopped the car left it for an hour then restarted it seemed fine then about 10 mins later it did it again loss of power orange light flashig and sounded awful but if i dipped my cluth and reved it was as sweet as a nut, Limped home and the cars been stuck in the drive since then.
Where do i start to look :worship:

Any advice is much apprieciated(y)

All levels fine, Had it serviced in March this year dont know what they did though. :confused:

The light has gone off now and the car starts as normal i can drive for a couple of miles with no power loss then it just starts missing as if there is no fuel getting in. ( Dip the cluth rev it and it goes back to being okay again ):bang:

I will start there then (y) Thanks,,, i will keep you updated(y)

Changed Lambda sensor and that didnt cure it. I have put a reader on it today and its coming up with PO303 cylinder 3 misfire, I will put a fresh set of plugs in tommorrow and see if that cures it..:confused:

If you'd said you had access to a reader, that would really have been the first port of call.

Check the coil outputs against nominals, both hot and cold. Coils can break down when they get hot, as can leads.

Cheers

SPD

I bought a reader off Flea Bay.. Changed plugs today it didnt cure it :bang: gonna try leads next probably Friday.. (y) I will keep you updated:)

A few years ago I bought a 1.6 16V brava (I know this is not your car) it had the same problem. You might find it is either a faulty injector (as mine was) or wiring loom. As the car heats up if there is a small break in the wire as the heat from the engine expands the break becomes permanent and as it cools it's ok again. When the car next has the problm quickly switch off the car an measure the resistance of the injector on cylinder 3 and any of the others, they should be the same, although I am not sure what this is, but if three is higher or even open circuit then there is your problem. Wiring loom is a bit harder, but the wiring diagrams and pins on the ECU plug is in the haynes manual. Might be worth while measuring the resistance with the car cold. good luck.

Thanks guys for all your advice (y) It turned out to be a lead the hard part was it wasnt fully gone so it was breaking down and only doing it itermittently. Took it for its mot :bang: (n) (n) failed on rear shockers leaking headlights not adjusting far enough a couple of bulbs gone and bit of welding near one of the seat belt anchor points..

Back