Technical Engine Management Light

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Management Light

Dave58

I have an ongoing issue with my 2017 Fiat Tipo 1.4 TJet. I have posted previously but unfortunately the problem persists. After each fix which is coupled with a reset of the error code, the engine management light comes back on after about 100 miles and the stop/start stops working. The engine management code is P2195 which indicates an issue with the oxygen sensor. Both lamda sensors have been changed, perished breather pipes replaced and vaccum leaks checked for resulting in an o ring being replaced. The main dealer says the only thing left for them to do is change the Cat and quoted £2.5k - the emissions are perfect though. Any help/ideas appreciated.

P2195, appears to be sensor 1 (the pre cat sensor) reading stuck lean. So, based on that (you haven’t specified any running issue) I don’t see how changing the cat will have any effect on the fault code, it’s after the sensor at issue. You’ve changed the sensor and checked vacuum lines. Have you checked all the pipes after the air mass meter or air flow sensor (whichever it has) and for leaks into the inlet manifold (supplying more air than car thinks it is seeing)? Is all the wiring intact for that sensor including the connector plugs (poor contact or short to earth mimicking lean signal)? have you checked for leaks around the exhaust joints before sensor 1 (such as at manifold or turbo) that is pulling in air that the ecu cannot correct? Have you confirmed voltages and resistance at the lambda sensor and checked it’s reading correctly (new parts can fail too)? Don’t know how much of this applies, just trying to think of things that will give more air resulting in lean running.

I have an ongoing issue with my 2017 Fiat Tipo 1.4 TJet. I have posted previously but unfortunately the problem persists. After each fix which is coupled with a reset of the error code, the engine management light comes back on after about 100 miles and the stop/start stops working. The engine management code is P2195 which indicates an issue with the oxygen sensor. Both lamda sensors have been changed, perished breather pipes replaced and vaccum leaks checked for resulting in an o ring being replaced. The main dealer says the only thing left for them to do is change the Cat and quoted £2.5k - the emissions are perfect though. Any help/ideas appreciated.
Could this be more low voltage gremlins? I have a 1.6D 2017 and since changing the battery I get regular 'Start Stop unavailable' and 'check engine' warnings.
Also, I know it's going back a few years, but I remember my Bravo 105JTD 1999 used to get error codes, but most errors turned out to be completely unrelated. For example, a manifold pressure sensor error turned out to be the air flow meter.

Hello,
My Tipo had a service last week and few other things sorted - its come back with the 'check engine' light and 'Stop Start Unavailable' message

I know I should take it back up there but wondered if there was a magic reset I could do as booking it back in is a bit of a faff. It was running fine before and still running fine now so I've got no concerns that there really is an engine issue.

It has done it to me before but cleared after a couple of days - this one hasn't gone away (yet)

Cheers

Back