Panda Engine management light

Currently reading:
Panda Engine management light

Neildixie

I'm having problems with my panda2007 1-1 the engine management light keeps coming on and engine then stalls if I restart threonine it goes off but just recently it wouldn't restart recovery mechanic did diagnostics and it came up with the crank sensor so had that replaced and it's still happening also beforehand had new oil sensor full carbon clean it happens at anytime at speed or when slowing down it can happen one day then won't happen for a couple of weeks or do it day after day can anyone help me please thanks in advance

I've got it booked in at a garage tomorrow he's gonna keep it for a couple of days do a diagnostic check all the wiring earth ect ect it's doing my head in it runs perfect up until the light comes on

What I've learnt up till now is if crank sensor codes up, renew crank and cam sensor as the two work together. But is there a cam sensor on your car ?

Where did you get your crank sensor from?
I got mine from euro parts for 30 odd quid fitted by the AA chap.
worked only after the AA came out repeatedly first thing in the morning to get it started then fine for rest of day!

Ended up taking it to a fiat garage who put in a more expensive one and problem solved!

In all that cost me £170 fitted

This will read your codes and do a whole lot more for minimal cost. http://www.multiecuscan.net

You will also need a connector (VagCom 409) and a laptop computer.

However it will not detect a faulty crank position sensor. When the sensor stops transmitting the ECU simply "thinks" the engine has stopped turning so no fault is detected. A CPS issue is found by a a process of elimination on what codes are (or are not) being picked up.

Last edited:
Back