Scudo Engine Management Light.

Currently reading:
Scudo Engine Management Light.

ajb2000

SIROCCO2014
Hi Everybody,

Tyro Ajb2000 here. Allan Brown Aka Jack Storm.

I am a semi retired Aviation [Now] Marine engineer.

I bought my Scudo Van to Transport Domestic Goods back and forth from France { where my In-laws live } and Barcelona { where I am Based }.

I bought the Van {GD04 RCY 2004} Second Hand in 2009/10 she has done just over 90000 miles and until recently She has not missed a beat.

She has been serviced regularly by local {trustworthy} garage { Oh those were the days }.

So on return from this years graft in the MED. I started the Van and the Engine Management light has come on and does not extinguish. There is no impediment in the vehicles operation, other than I have noticed the coolant temperature gauge does not rise above 70 degrees { seems pretty COOL RUNNING to me}.
So on Ziggys recommendation I have posted here before going to get hooked up to the POUND/EURO drain diagnostics machine, just in case someone has had a similar indication/experience.

Muchas Gracias,

Jack Storm.

Hello, and welcome, :)

diagnostics are the only real way forward, as the vehicle is obviously in good mechanical order, and well serviced.

unfortunately the SCUDO section is pretty quiet..
with no real "regulars" as such:eek:

I would actually recommend MultiECUScan, it's FIAT specific and the basic version is FREE,

maybe ask in the Cymru Italia Section to see if anybody near you has the kit..,

this is the supported vehicles list;
http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx

although the only Scudo listed are 1.6, the machine can scan for ECU's to communicate with, engine fault codes are easily found / sorted,

Charlie - Oxford

Wow Charlie,

Thats your cabin booked next year.:]

Could not have expected such a Short Snappy but comprehensive reply. will check out Cymru Italia as advised
Have downloaded free software from multiscan. In the event I cannot beg borrow or steal off Cymru Italia I have located a Fiat 3pin OBD2 KKL VAG 409.1 USB+Fiat ECU Scan Diagnostic Interface Alfa Fiatcable on Ebay. IS tis OK or do you recommend a particular interface cable or is the kkl Vagacom-409.1 ok for the job.

THANK YOU, DIOLCH YN FAWR.

Wow Charlie,

Thats your cabin booked next year.:]

Could not have expected such a Short Snappy but comprehensive reply. will check out Cymru Italia as advised
Have downloaded free software from multiscan. In the event I cannot beg borrow or steal off Cymru Italia I have located a Fiat 3pin OBD2 KKL VAG 409.1 USB+Fiat ECU Scan Diagnostic Interface Alfa Fiatcable on Ebay. IS tis OK or do you recommend a particular interface cable or is the kkl Vagacom-409.1 ok for the job.

THANK YOU, DIOLCH YN FAWR.

I use the basic cables ( ebay) , ;)
you should only need a RED one, or the VAG com - KKL,
charlie

Back