Technical Engine management light permanently on.

Currently reading:
Technical Engine management light permanently on.

french bean

Bye Stilo, Hello Doblo
We've had our Doblo since about 2009 and after a couple of years the EML came on and has never been off, we've had the car serviced, we've had a variety of garages look at it and they all say there is no fault with the car. Our current problem is that we are now in Germany and the EML is a fail of the German TÜV which is their version of the MOT. Has anyone had this problem with the Doblo? Anyone got any suggestions? Ours is the 1.9 Multijet originally 06 registered.

We've had our Doblo since about 2009 and after a couple of years the EML came on and has never been off, we've had the car serviced, we've had a variety of garages look at it and they all say there is no fault with the car. Our current problem is that we are now in Germany and the EML is a fail of the German TÜV which is their version of the MOT. Has anyone had this problem with the Doblo? Anyone got any suggestions? Ours is the 1.9 Multijet originally 06 registered.
Need to read the error codes, I had an 05 Doblo 1.9 multijet, lots of black smoke, it was faulty wiring at the MAF sensor.

Thanks for that but every garage has read the codes and then said they can't find a fault and reset the error message. This lasts for about 24 hours then the light comes back on.

Thanks for that but every garage has read the codes and then said they can't find a fault and reset the error message. This lasts for about 24 hours then the light comes back on.
OK , but what was the code they read and deleted, if they had reasonable diagnostic tool it would have given them some data surely?:)

That I can't answer, the garages used although not main dealers are reputable and the other thing to note that emissions have always been good, economy good and we've never (touch wood) had a problem with starting or running. It all seems to me to be something linked to a dodgy connection somewhere but who's going to following the wiring and check every connection?

That I can't answer, the garages used although not main dealers are reputable and the other thing to note that emissions have always been good, economy good and we've never (touch wood) had a problem with starting or running. It all seems to me to be something linked to a dodgy connection somewhere but who's going to following the wiring and check every connection?
If you don't have any error code information, even on an old invoice etc. it makes it very hard to diagnose or offer a possible solution.
One suggestion would be to see if any one on the Forum who uses Fiat Multiscan program and is near your current address is able to plug in to your vehicle and read the codes, if you could meet up.

Thanks for that, unfortunately I doubt whether there are any members in this area of Germany. My only option seems to be what the garage suggested and that is the do a pre test inspection, reset the code then carry out the inspection. I suppose I could ask them what the code is afterwards. Anyway thanks for your help.

My EML is always on. it was the EGR valve. I spent pennies on a piece of metal to block it off & it's flown through the MOT every year since. Only downside is that I have to connect my code reader (thanks Aldi) before I take it for MOT & clear the code to turn off the light. I've been told that my emissions are better than book.

Same problem with my 2008 Scudo. EML comes on and off at will. It's been blamed on a blocking plate put in before I bought it. Codes can be cleared and the light goes out. Only to come back on unexpectedly at a later time

Same problem with my 2008 Scudo. EML comes on and off at will. It's been blamed on a blocking plate put in before I bought it. Codes can be cleared and the light goes out. Only to come back on unexpectedly at a later time
In the instructions on some of those EGR blanking plates it mentions, if it throws up an error code regarding this, to drill a small hole in the plate so it gets a partial reading which the ECU may find acceptable, it can certainly increase the time before the code reappears.
In a 55 plate 1.9 Doblo a solid blanking plate worked fine, however on a 06 1.3 Punto drilling the plate was necessary but with the above result.

Back