General Engine conversion

Currently reading:
General Engine conversion

yellacar

does anyone know if the punto 60 engine or the 1.4 uno turbo engine drops straight in my cinq sporting, would appreciate any help on this, (y)

i think the biggest engine your gonna get in is a 1242 punto engine but dont quote me on that one im new to this myself lol

How about a sticky on this subject of well explained details about it and a link to Ghost's soon to be coming step by step guide (I think he is doing one?)

nice one guys, think i will have to go with the punto engine then, will i need to keep the same gearbox, clutch and drives??and will i need to change the ECU, so much work to get a bigger engine, :bang:

Well volunteered :p jk

There's a serious amount on here about it, it just need collating, sorting and checking.

I would suggest along the lines of:

Which engines do and don't go into the sporting (explanation of 899)
The difficulties with any engines
Gearboxes
Necessary engine to look out for and possible places to get it from
Approx cost
Ghost's guide for the 1242 8v
links to that 1242 16v site

Just a few thoughts.

cheers, i called a couple of places earlier and they can get me the punto engine for £150 and the uno turbo for £220, not bad i suppose but i will struggle putting them in i think, not really got much room under a cinq bonnet:p

cheers mate, cant find much just gonna hope it fits dont matter dunna cost that much for the engines :)

ive got the 1108 ready to drop out pretty much now, i think taking off pipes/connectors doesnt really need expanding on, (although if wanted i can do a run down of each cable when i put the 1242 in) will get pics of the mounts and bits as and when i get round to them, still looking okish for 1242 on fri (maybe not running, but engine securely in bay at least)

anyone know if the punto 1.2 sporting engine would fit in a cinq? i think all the difference between them is its 16v instead of 8v or is it the same
:confused:

the manifold on a 16v wouldnt fit past a cinq front bumper would it:?

Yes it would.

LightIssues.jpg

Liam

Back