Technical Electric steering turns 45 degrees to the left

Currently reading:
Technical Electric steering turns 45 degrees to the left

Tasagore

Hi

A few years ago we had some problems with the electric steering system (sometimes it won't start). The mechanic replaced the entire system for a refurbished one, since then it works fine but has a strange behavior, for example if I stop in a semaphore and activate the City Mode the steering wheel turns aprox 45º counterclockwise.

May be it needs some kind of calibration?

Regards

Have a read at this.

Have a read at this.

Thanks. In my case seems that angle calibration is wrong, that post suggest that it only can be done by manufacturer, is it right?

Mine had it done before I got it and in the paper work it refers to a "steering angle gauge"
used to set it up but have no idea what it looks like.

This refers to a calibration device.

No

WoW
Delphi

I have used and work 👍

MultiECUscan should work but I haven't tried myself

Plus many more

Hi

When I try to connect to the Electric Steering Multiscan shows this message:

Captura.PNG

I guess it's for a specific adapter (I'm using a standard ELM Wifi dongle), but not sure since also asks for PIN 9.

Do I need a specific cable to connect to that ECU? I can connect any other in then car, the only one that fails is the steering (and it's the only one I need, Murphy's law).

I have also a Passthru interface that I use with Xentry for MB but seems that it's not compatible with Multiscan, also I have some old VagCom cables (clone), don't know if would be better to use one of them.

Any hint?

Normal diagnostic is done on pin 7

The steering module communicates on pin 9

You need a way to change the pins

You could modify your ELM327 with a switch

Or simply use the green adapter

OBDAdapter1.png

Something like this

Although a bit expensive in my opinion

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Normal diagnostic is done on pin 7

The steering module communicates on pin 9

You need a way to change the pins

You could modify your ELM327 with a switch

Or simply use the green adapter

View attachment 433638

Something like this

Although a bit expensive in my opinion

So I just need to connect pin 9 to pin 7, right? Is there no problem if I connect both pins to same signal?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
So I just need to connect pin 9 to pin 7, right? Is there no problem if I connect both pins to same signal?
I would connect pin 7 to 1,9 and 12 with a switch

Switch off and the elm327 is normal

Switch on the same as plugging in the green adaptor

I can't see a problem just hard wiring 7 and 9 permently but I have never tried it myself, you might get a conflict reading engine codes, I can't try myself by leaving the green adapter install as I use a multiplexer

Yes, soldering the pins together works fine for the Panda

It's in the instructions for the alfascan

Screenshot_20231119_183532.jpg

It just means the interface will no longer work on some other cars

Back