Technical Electric sliding door installation nightmare!!

Currently reading:
Technical Electric sliding door installation nightmare!!

no worries cliky.
FF, thanks for the ecu, received it today. Unfortunately, same problem still present. 3 beep error sound with pp2000 diagnostics 'door intialisation failure'. I must be missing something else but i have no bloody idea what.
wondering if there's problem with the power to the motors? but then i figure the error wouldn't beep. like i said, pp2000 shows all switches etc functional.
could it be the steering wheel node, main bodycomputer under dash (m001), aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
stressed.

Last edited:
I hate PP, try using Lexia and look for the page that states whether the electric doors are present or not.

If they were absent and you changed it to present then I think the next step would have been stage 1 programming and would have taken a minute or so to program.

It's worth doing this again as it is a different ecu and so may effect the way it programs.

Last edited:
I hate PP, try using Lexia and look for the page that states whether the electric doors are present or not.

If they were absent and you changed it to present then I think the next step would have been stage 1 programming and would have taken a minute or so to program.

It's worth doing this again as it is a different ecu and so may effect the way it programs.

You could also try actuator testing to see if you can pin in down to an individual door. but i agree with FF use lexia rather than PP

have tried lexia. can add ecu's a door systems but can't configure without an access code, 5 digits? once i go back into the list the doors are marked as absent again.
tried it with the door half open, nothing.
tried actuators. got nothing from the motors and nothing from the door releases. door sensors are active even with the door shut.
get an error message on testing induvidual doors,'action not possible'. is this a power distribution problem maybe?
reason i ask, fuse box next to the battery, fuse 28, 29, 30, unused? 28 and 29 in my donor are wired with 10 amp fuses. but elearn wiring diagram says blanks.

Last edited:
Yes each door has it's own fuse in the battery tray, are you saying you haven't swapped over this bit from the donor?

They are really big fuses I recall, maybe there is a relay also to add. I would say this is definitely one of the reasons the doors are not working.

The 5 digit code Lexia asks for, I think I've seen that before. You have to enter it to make certain changes to the bsi, (you don't need it to code radios but I think I remember you need it to pair new tyre pressure sensors).

I read on other forums that people have purchased the codes from their respective dealers, also I'm sure I saw somewhere (maybe eBay or the pug forums) of some Indy guy being able to supply them cheaper than the dealer would.

Last edited:
the 2 40amp maxi fuses next to the battery and associated wiring were already fitted to my car. the small block of 12 standard size blade fuses (next to the maxi fuses next to the battery) are only meant to have 9 fuses is use with 3 blanks, my donor was using 11 with 1 blank. can't find reference to these 2 extra fuses anywhere.
i'll call the dealer and see if they're in a good mood today, but my local dealer is crap.
i'll have a look for a relay and update later today

have tried lexia. can add ecu's a door systems but can't configure without an access code, 5 digits? once i go back into the list the doors are marked as absent again.
tried it with the door half open, nothing.
tried actuators. got nothing from the motors and nothing from the door releases. door sensors are active even with the door shut.
get an error message on testing induvidual doors,'action not possible'. is this a power distribution problem maybe?
reason i ask, fuse box next to the battery, fuse 28, 29, 30, unused? 28 and 29 in my donor are wired with 10 amp fuses. but elearn wiring diagram says blanks.

Fuses are as follows:
The sliding door node takes its supply Directly from fuses MF1 & 2 which are located In the Battery Box area. they should both be 40A.

Control of the sliding doors is driven through the BSI which controls the relays for the doors each relay is also fuse protected!

These are Located in the engine bay Fuse box and are as per this Diag/Pic:

I would therefore Check the fuses in the Battery Box and then check Fuses 01, 11, 14 & 16 and the relays as shown above (just to be on the safe side!)

Although i think this is still something to do with the activation of the system through lexia!

It may be that you will need the activation code from your fiat dealer (speak very nicely to them) if you get it keep note of the code as it will apply to your veh only and will be valid for any other mods as well!

already spoken to dealer. they had no idea what i was talking about and said there are no codes available

tried 4 dealers now clicky. nobody's playing. dealerships do my head in.
all the fuses are in. everythings working except door motors and door releases.
the mrs is going mad lol. might have to think about taking it all back out soon, as much as i don't like to beaten by a car.

Last edited:
the mrs is going mad lol. might have to think about taking it all back out soon, as much as i don't like to beaten by a car.

The exact thing that you require is the 'vehicle configuration access code'.
If i get chance I'll try my local dealer and see if i get any joy.
If you can PM your vin just in case......

Just PM'ed ya with what could turn out to be some very important info!!

LATEST NEWS - IT WORKS !!!:slayer:
finally got there with lexia, thanks to cliky's password. programmed 3 parameters and system functioning 100%.

FF and Cliky, what can I say. :worship: Wouldn't have manged that without the pair of you sticking with me. Eternally grateful. Will return the favour if I can. my donor is now done with, will send you both some parts from it to say thanks.

FF sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the system is functioning with my original ecu.

SO, YES, IT CAN BE DONE. BUT I WOULDN'T BOTHER (y)

you're most welcome!
Loved the challenge.

We have now also established that PP can't program BSI on fiat and only lexia should be used for programming!!

so who do i send the 80hr labour bill to for researching?:D:D:D:D

Knew it would eventually work, common sense really as they wouldn't manufacture 100's of different BSIs to cater for spec or optional extras.

You can't stop there, now how about retro fitting sunroofs, headlight washers, tyre pressure sensors !!

Got loads off spares so keep hold of them as you never know when you might need them, though saying that I wouldn't mind the rear half of the roof spoiler if you have a spare one!!

Knew it would eventually work, common sense really as they wouldn't manufacture 100's of different BSIs to cater for spec or optional extras.

You can't stop there, now how about retro fitting sunroofs, headlight washers, tyre pressure sensors !!

Got loads off spares so keep hold of them as you never know when you might need them, though saying that I wouldn't mind the rear half of the roof spoiler if you have a spare one!!

That's reminded me i must order some Tyre Pressure Sensors!!

Back