Technical Electric sliding door installation nightmare!!

Currently reading:
Technical Electric sliding door installation nightmare!!

Clicky, send the bill to fiat, because they deserve to be punished lol

FF, my faith in retro fitting fiats has been restored lol. I'm going to do the n3 upgrade with your parts, then maybe carry on playing. not sure about sunroofs, as i'm missing the holes, but wouldn't mind loading the car up with other systems.
unfortunately, the donor didn't have the roof bars when i got it.
yes the fob conversion works, everything works just as it did from the factory. been playing with them all day :D

Clicky, have sent you PM.

FF, need to sort out n3 with you please mate. Also interested in retro fitting tyre pressure sensors and monocrome rear view mirror at the same time. Wondered if you had everything i would need for the 3 projects? And if you could suggest any other small upgrades, whilst i'm on a roll lol
Cheers

Clicky, have sent you PM.

FF, need to sort out n3 with you please mate. Also interested in retro fitting tyre pressure sensors and monocrome rear view mirror at the same time. Wondered if you had everything i would need for the 3 projects? And if you could suggest any other small upgrades, whilst i'm on a roll lol
Cheers

Just read your post after PM'ing ya back!!

I don't think franc will have any TPS's (think i asked him b4!).
I'm going to order mine from fiat.
ePER shows tham as being £75.06 per set of 4! (? Ring fiat and check that price i think!)

Part No. 9634 86 6180

I have a few but they are all dead, the batteries are said to last up to 7 years but in reality they seldom do and the valves tend to break after a while

That price will be each, and probably out of date as most things I ring up for are more than is stated on eper.

There are clones on eBay for about £35 each. The main problem will be if you need an "exciter" to switch them on.

An exciter. sounds exciting.
Do you think it would be straight forward with the clones franc, or another door fiasco lol. will they run through the ulysse bsi after the lexia treatment or do they need a separate unit?
What do you think on the monocrome mirror?
and don't suppose you've got a set of 16" alloys? mine's on 15"s

Last edited:
An exciter. sounds exciting.
Do you think it would be straight forward with the clones franc, or another door fiasco lol. will they run through the ulysse bsi after the lexia treatment or do they need a separate unit?
What do you think on the monocrome mirror?
and don't suppose you've got a set of 16" alloys? mine's on 15"s

The exciter sends a specific frequency when held near to the wheel to power up the sensors, I have read that some owners of other makes can get them to switch on by simply driving the car but I doubt we would be that lucky.

Can't see why the cheaper ones wouldn't work just as well. They all have a long code on them and you have to enter that code for each wheel into the bsi via Lexia, seems easy enough.
No 16" wheels as they sell as soon as get them in.

Monochrome mirror? Do you mean the auto dimming mirror?

Sorry mate, yes, the auto dimming mirror.
I'll have a look on ebay for some OE pressure monitors and see how I go. You're right lol, we wouldn't be that lucky would we :( i feel another project coming on!!!!!!!!
Found some 16"s on ebay, will see if i can grab them.

I have loads of mirrors, is your wiring there for it?

Did you seed my thread on the Lexia access code? Just wondering if it is the same one you used?

that would be too simple Franc, no, no wiring. Complete retro fit required.
Haven't seen your lexia thread, will have a look at it mate.

Edit- yes Franc, same code. 5 Gold dust numbers there!

Last edited:
The wiring will replace the console loom then, pretty sure the mirror shares a fuse with other stuff so it may not even need programming with Lexia as it hasn't got an ecu.

To be honest I don't find any advantage over 15" wheels, I have 15's on my van and the tyres wear no differently to the 16's. Saying that I spend more money on 16" tyres than I do on 15" !!

Hummm thinking about it, I think I did see the mirror in the list on Lexia, anyhow you have the code now.

I'll have a look on ebay for some OE pressure monitors and see how I go.
You're right lol, we wouldn't be that lucky would we :( i feel another project coming on!!!!!!!!

This is the sensor (x4) that you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181153374345?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

This 'snippit' is taken direct from my maintainance manual:

"The system consists of:

four pressure sensors inside the wheels transmitting a code via radiofrequency (R.F.) and allowing the pressure to be measured
one R.F. signal reception and management control unit located inside the steering column switch unit
The reception control unit also analyzes the correct operation of each sensor following no response from the sensor (malfunction or batteries run down) or if new sensors are being programmed."

I don't think these need a 'specific' initialisation procedure. However, each one has its own unique identifier which must be programmed into the BSI, this then enables the steering node to 'look' for them and relay the info to the BSI for displaying.

Be careful when installing them as they must be correctly aligned and Torqued to just 4.25NM no more noe less!!

Once fitted and programmed they should initialise as soon as vehicle is in motion.

Frank have you got a set of 'dead' ones I could make a token offer for so i can 'play' with them?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yes but they are all inside tyres, after paying to get them removed and then refitting the tyres you may as well buy the new ones at £34.95,

I do have one off but it's finding it, the place is more of a tip than when you last came round but I've bought loads of racking and will start organising everything in the next fortnight.

I do remember though ruling out trying to repair them as they looked like they were not capable of being split open and resealed.

Maybe we can see if they will do a sizeable discount for buying in bulk - 16 between the 3 of us!

Unless anyone else wants them, forum seems a bit quiet recently, think many people have either got rid or scrapped them.

Back