Technical Electric sliding door installation nightmare!!

Currently reading:
Technical Electric sliding door installation nightmare!!

'Apparently' they are on the list for a price hike.
I've got a couple of other sources to try, bear with.

are you trying the sellers on ebay? At this rate we would be better off just buying them individually :)

Of course there is a reason why people get them deactivated! A lot of people reckon they are more trouble than they are worth

By the way!
Don't fiat just make you laugh,
rang to different fiat garages today just to see what prices they quoted.
you'd expect them to be the same, give or take a smidge.

1 quoted £156.28 ea
1 quoted £132.34 ea

Neither would offer discount on bulk and both were adament that those were fiat prices not their prices!

It was amusing when I pointed out that another fiat dealer was quoting £20+ less. he then hung up on me!

Ironically thought I'd call Citreon, Politeness gratified, Difference: £83.80 ea from citreon And believe it or not it's even the same manufacturer!

Still bloody expensive though!

Yep £80 each x4 plus wheel recon £170 ( well may as well do the job properly!) plus removal/ refitting & balancing £50+

. . . A lot to pay for something that could just end up being a pain in the backside!

Yep £80 each x4 plus wheel recon £170 ( well may as well do the job properly!) plus removal/ refitting & balancing £50+

. . . A lot to pay for something that could just end up being a pain in the backside!

I'm actually contemplating Buying a new set of aftermarket 17" alloys and having them fitted on them.

It's actually cheaper to get 17" tyres than it is for 15".

Got a couple of months to make my mind up though as my current tyres will get me another couple of months yet.

7J x 17" alloys complete with 215/55/17 Tyres +off sets + lock nuts and balanced. set of 5 for £599.
now that's not bad given that 4 new tyres (205/65/15) are gonna set me back £225 inc fitting!

Not sure about 17", it may make a comfortable car a bit rough over the potholes etc.

Why not get the 16" Prestigio wheels? There are a few on eBay at the mo.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Worth a punt, the worst that can happen is they are crap quality, and hoping not to get stung by import and vat duty.

Got to say though, anything I've ever bought from China or HK has either worked or if not had my money back with no quibbles.I think they always mark as low value and gift, USA, now that's a different matter, been battered by import and VAT on several occasions thanks to likes of DHL!

Not sure about 17", it may make a comfortable car a bit rough over the potholes etc.

Why not get the 16" Prestigio wheels? There are a few on eBay at the mo.

Well our Eleganza has 16" wheels - on which a while back I had 65 profile tyres fitted as I thought the ride was pretty rubbish on the 60 profile ones.

(But then I've always had big Citroens in the past - in our CX safari sleeping policemen could be completely ignored, I do mean completely!)

No improvement to the Ulysse, still what I'd call a horribly hard ride over road imperfections. Should I stick with 2.5 bar? Yes, I do know it's a van...

Got to say though, anything I've ever bought from China or HK has either worked or if not had my money back with no quibbles.I think they always mark as low value and gift, USA, now that's a different matter, been battered by import and VAT on several occasions thanks to likes of DHL!

Same here never had any quibbles ordering from Asian countries only had 1 occasion to send something back. I always ask em to mark as gift and 90% do.

Got hit with £67 import duties when I ordered my 30" comp monitor which realistically negated the bulk of the sayings that I'd made!

I will revive this subject. I mounted the electric sliding door to my Ulysse 2004 from Phedra 2002 donor. In my BSI I activated the electric door through the Peugeot planet. Now when I press the button, it only beeps 3 times and the door is motionless. I have a door initialization error in the fault memory. Is there anything else to activate in BSI?

after activation sliding doors in BSI with LEXIA using code 03114, the door is functional: Palec:

Back