Tuning Eibach Anti roll bar kit

Currently reading:
Tuning Eibach Anti roll bar kit

It looks like about 3 on here and 11 or 12 on the French site which are are all punto's, need 25 it looks like, I am sure if someone can tell the Punto guys over here we can make the 25, and it would help if we can get someone that can read and write french, sometimes the bing translation makes no sence at all and I am sure when I use it to convert what I want to say to French they must have a good laugh!

I was posting the Eibach link to all the Barchetta and Punto clubs/forums I know to raise some interest and at the same time found out some interesting info. :D

The Anti roll bars of the Punto TD70 are the same spec/ thickness as the Eibach set, A friend from one of the Italian Barchetta forums has uprated his this way.

24mm Front/ 19mm rear.
Of course you do not get the poly bushes but I guess these can be found or made.

I,m sure the Punto bars should be easy enough to find, alternately hopefully I have raised some more interest in the Eibach kit. (y)

You think it's just a bolt on upgrade or was there modifications done to get it to fit, kind of hard for me to know exactly which ones would fit, buying it site unseen is risky.

And pray tell what do I do with the rest of the car? Sounds like a lot of trouble to get a set of sway bars :) Still not sure if they'll fit without some crazy alteration, I mean some of you guys are insane in what you do to these things and make it seem like a normal everyday thing.

The Barchetta shares the same platform as the Punto, so in theory anything to do with the running platform should be the same.
It was one of the guys on an Italian Barchetta forum who told me about the upgrade from the TD70 and he has personally fitted his.

He did mention some tiny difference with the rear bar but said its still possible to fit on the B.

Of course you would be best to upgrade the bushes to a teflon or polythene bush for added stiffness and reliability.

Thought I would resurrect this thread as I have it on good authority that the TD70 bars have been checked here in the UK and unfortunately they are not the same as Eibachs otherwise we'd all be running down to the local breakers yard and picking a set up for peanuts. Oh, I assume by TD70 we are talking about the Mk1 Punto and not the grande punto shown in that pic earlier?

I was quoted £650GBP by POTN of Wellingborough for 25 kits which is crazy money.

This topic has rumbled on for many years across the Fiat Forum and the Punto forum and whilst it appears lots of people would like them when it comes to adding their name to a list they fall by the wayside.......Im staggered 25 or even 50 people if you count French fiat barchetta and punto owners cant club together for a group buy.

I have enquired with Whiteline Suspension but as yet have not heard back from them. I have also asked them to consider a slightly thicker set of bars to give a slight advanatge over the Eibachs - even 1mm front and rear would make a good difference in controlling that awful body roll.

H&R suspension might also get an email from me soon.

Is there any other manufacturer that might be goer for a group buy?

Back