Technical ecu problem?

Currently reading:
Technical ecu problem?

adz13

I was recently driving home form work doing 60mph when the car suddenly started stuttering and slowed down to 40 mph and the EODB light came on. The car's top speed now seems to be limited at 40 and pulling off from a stop seems to be hard work.
I had the coil replaced but no joy, the mechaninc believes is the ECU, does this sound right have been quoted £442 to get it running again.
Also a couple of days before this I replaced the battery as old one died, is this just a coincidence that this happened around the same time or could the new battery have anything to do with it?
Thanks for reading

Is the management light on permanantly? In which case it sounds like limp home mode. You'll need to get the code read to find the problem. Cars limits itself like that to stop damage to the engine when it detects a fault somewhere else, I doubt very much it's your ecu though

Is the management light on permanantly? In which case it sounds like limp home mode. You'll need to get the code read to find the problem. Cars limits itself like that to stop damage to the engine when it detects a fault somewhere else, I doubt very much it's your ecu though

yes the lights constantly on. thanks for your advice.

Thanks, will book it in at some point, need to do a 200 mile journey soon, so got to get it sorted :-(

just spoke to the garage who replaced the coil, they said it's the ignition control unit.

when the breakdown people came out, said the symptoms suggested a coil failure (looked on my invoice and said diagnostic check, so assume they ran one (or probably just charged me for one)

ask them for the actual code and run it by us on here, if they start chatting on saying they don't have one then they've just charged you otherwise they'll have a record of it somewhere

just called them, apparently no longer have the code, as was done a couple of weeks back

Back