General ebay problem steering wheel

Currently reading:
General ebay problem steering wheel

just bought this for my brava

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270161963816&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

recieved today to find out the airbag is not included even though this is NOT stated within the item description and that the photo clearly shows the steering wheel with the airbag. unlike other ebay auctions which show the steering wheel by itself.

ive emailed the seller and they dont seem to care that ve purchased a useless steering wheel with no horn and no airbag. which means if i was to fit it my car wouldnt pass an MOT without a horn.

any ideas where i stand or what i could do?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Contact ebay and Paypal (if you paid by paypal).

If you paid by credit/debit card you could raise an indemnity claim (chargeback) because you were mislead in the sale.

The seller may start to care shortly afterwards.

the item description says leather steering wheel, it doesn't mention an airbag, technically the seller has done nothing wrong. the item description is not inaccurate.

the picture contains many things that are not included in the sale, including a silver centre console and a cd player, if you didnt expect to get them then you cant expect to get the airbag simply because it is in the picture.

i'm sorry but thats the way ebay works. if you open a dispute i doubt you will win.

that steering wheel wont fit a bravo/a by the way. only mk1 punto steering wheels fit.

Last edited:
stick it on ebay or the classifieds, file a claim as it does imply it have the airbag, as thats an integral part of the wheel, as Jug says it wont fit your car anyway, by the time you post it pack, you'll be out of pocket anyway. So just sell it.

i have asked the seller to sell me the airbag, so i can sell them on together as one at roughly the same price and the owner gains.

or i may send it back, its actually very light without the airbag and wont post anything to post so only lose 10 quid.

shame it wont fit. not sure why i assumed it would lol. whats different about the fitment?

the spline pattern is different and shorter on the punto, and the column rod is narrower on the punto, plus the holes are in different places for the indicator cancelling part, and the airbag connector is different, and the horn conector, but apart from that its a perfect fit :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
yep £10-15 if you remove it yourself as a scrapyard, shouldnt be too difficult to find.

you should fit an alfa 156 steering wheel (it will fit) to match your alfa alloys, then all you need is a spoiler as big as mine and you've got a proper bravalfa.

i want this 156 steering wheel :yum:

8103335243.jpg

Last edited:
LOL.
thats funny.

well im off to the scrappy today so will have a look then for an airbag while im checking out a marea and a brava there. looking for a new interior but doubt marea rear seats would fit?

ultimately would like 147 seats for the alfa theme, but their pretty rare and expensive!

how much should i expect to pay for an alfa 156 steering wheel? (with airbag!) like the one in the pic.

LOL.
thats funny.

well im off to the scrappy today so will have a look then for an airbag while im checking out a marea and a brava there. looking for a new interior but doubt marea rear seats would fit?

ultimately would like 147 seats for the alfa theme, but their pretty rare and expensive!

how much should i expect to pay for an alfa 156 steering wheel? (with airbag!) like the one in the pic.

not funny if they happen to fly it and it blows under pressure

just bought this for my brava

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270161963816&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

recieved today to find out the airbag is not included even though this is NOT stated within the item description and that the photo clearly shows the steering wheel with the airbag. unlike other ebay auctions which show the steering wheel by itself.

ive emailed the seller and they dont seem to care that ve purchased a useless steering wheel with no horn and no airbag. which means if i was to fit it my car wouldnt pass an MOT without a horn.

any ideas where i stand or what i could do?

its from a scrap yard near me they guys who work there are ******s(n)

Back