Ebay items from Hong Kong Mail

Currently reading:
Ebay items from Hong Kong Mail

Just found this on Ebay news

spacer.gif

02 October, 2013 | 04:57PM BST
s.gif

Hello,
Recently the Hong Kong Post announced that all items posted by air are now subject to x-ray screening for regulated materials. This additional screening may cause delayed shipment due to no fault of the seller, so if you purchased an item from a seller in Hong Kong, please allow extra time for delivery - at least a week more than the seller’s stated delivery time.
Also note that items containing the regulated materials are being returned directly to sellers and not delivered to the buyer. These items may include:
· Items with lithium batteries such as video cameras, walkie talkies/2-way radios, GPS devices, radio-controlled toys, Bluetooth headsets, smartphones/mobiles, laptop computers, shavers, power drills, tablets and portable DVD players
· Liquid beauty products, including fragrances, colognes, lotions, and toner
· Items with “eliquids” such as electronic cigarettes and lighters
If you don’t receive your item after waiting the additional week, please contact your seller. If your item was returned to the seller, you should receive a refund. If you encounter any issue with a refund, you can file a case.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Regards,
The eBay team

So there less chance now of super cheap dash cameras?

Ziggy

I thought all incoming stuff went through x-ray machines these days anyway?

(I've watched a couple of those customs/border control -type progs !)

I suppose it might be that they never scanned outgoing mail before & have had loads of bad feedback from other countries where drugs & other illegal stuff is making its way out?

Back