DVD to Computer

Currently reading:
DVD to Computer

PuntoSS

Established member
Anyone know a good way of ripping a DVD+RW to my PC?

I have some stuff that I filmed on an old video camera, then converted from the Micro tapes to a DVD, but wanted to upload them to Facebook for a few friends to see;

Anyone got any ideas of reputable software I could use / done this before? :)

Thanks...

http://handbrake.fr/

Use that ^

Download and install vlc player, then handbrake. It's open source, available on mac/linux/windows and is the easiest way to rip dvd's I've yet found. Supports all kinds of formats. I just used it to rip the MSA Go Racing video to my macbook running Windows 7 and worked perfectly.

is it reliable? :p I don't wanna download one of these things if it turns out to be a virus compromising my PC!

is it reliable? :p I don't wanna download one of these things if it turns out to be a virus compromising my PC!

No, I'm recommending it because its crashtastic and secretly installs spyware and keyloggers on your system. :rolleyes:

If you intend to use the clips on other formats try

DVD FAB its a pay for it software, but it allows you to rip files to all types of other formats for use on mobile devices, PS3, XBOX360, handheld devices like PSP and iphone/ipod.

Easy to use and very fast too. Costs I believe £40 for the version with mobile device coding but will happily do a 2 hour DVD into a mobile format in about 25 minutes.

I then use VLC player to play all files with FFD SHOW codecs to support MP4 (H.264 files) as used by PS3.

Back