Technical Ducato side/ slide door

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato side/ slide door

DucatoManc

I have a 2004 Ducato 2.8 JTD panel van, professionally fitted out as a campervan and the side door is causing me real problems. The top catch, or 'lock' as it is referred to in the Fiat parts manual (I think the part number & reference is 1335776080 LOCK, LH GD + (v3, v4) is damaged and when the door slides to the closed position it doesn't pull the door agains the rubber seals. The result is that rain is getting in; disastrous!
The internet offers any number of 'locks' for an offside door but they don't fit the nearside. I've carefully checked the 'lock' against the images available but they aren't the same and won't fit. The main agents tell me the part is no longer available from Fiat and every time I find reference to the correct one, there's no stock anywhere. Can anybody help me source one, new, refurbished or used? PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• Fiat Ducato nearside sliding door top catch 1.jpg
    Fiat Ducato nearside sliding door top catch 1.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Fiat Ducato nearside sliding door top catch 2.jpg
    Fiat Ducato nearside sliding door top catch 2.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 81
Many thanks for your reply; I've just sent them a message.
Has anyone else got a possible lead on this? Best wishes, Steve

Did you have any luck sourcing one? I purchased one back in March from Costal Motorhomes but it seems I have broken the new one too. Like you, I can't seem to find a source for them anywhere :(

I spoke to a really helpful guy at Coastal Motorhomes a few days ago and he explained the issues around the lack of manufacturing during Covid, then Brexit - all resulting in no new stock. It's worrying that even your new one has broken.
I sourced an old catch around 6 miles from home yesterday but I think I'll keep looking, just in case. Best wishes, S

I have the same problem. I also found the chap at Coastal Motor Homes very helpful but not able to supply the part. Has anyone thought of having one made?

I have the same problem. I also found the chap at Coastal Motor Homes very helpful but not able to supply the part. Has anyone thought of having one made?
Other van makers use the same catch, Iveco Daily, Peugeot Boxer, Citroen Relay,etc. I have fitted many in the past on high top vans.
By the way I would check the door alignment as that is what damages most of them as I and others on Forum have advised on.

Other van makers use the same catch, Iveco Daily, Peugeot Boxer, Citroen Relay,etc. I have fitted many in the past on high top vans.
By the way I would check the door alignment as that is what damages most of them as I and others on Forum have advised on.
Do any of the other manufacturers still make the catch do you know?

Do any of the other manufacturers still make the catch do you know?
Not off hand, but you could just try eBay but using those other vehicle makers in the search.
I have just done an eBay search using Iveco and Ducato and see your problem, most are selling RH side locks even though there are few RH sliding doors on vans in this country.
I did a search using Citroen Relay which mentioned Fiat in their listing for LH sliding door locks, to me they look different but it may be worth trying, I would ask if it will fit your Reg.Number vehicle then if they say yes, should it be wrong they will have to refund.
I found several with that search here is one , but entirely your choice, no guarantee. :- eBay item number:335106556883

Last edited:
Not off hand, but you could just try eBay but using those other vehicle makers in the search.
I have just done an eBay search using Iveco and Ducato and see your problem, most are selling RH side locks even though there are few RH sliding doors on vans in this country.
I did a search using Citroen Relay which mentioned Fiat in their listing for LH sliding door locks, to me they look different but it may be worth trying, I would ask if it will fit your Reg.Number vehicle then if they say yes, should it be wrong they will have to refund.
I found several with that search here is one , but entirely your choice, no guarantee. :- eBay item number:335106556883
I bought the catch off eBay as recommended above even though is said it wouldn’t fit when I put my reg number in. It looks and is perfect for the outside that latches on to the stud but the bit that is inside of the door is incorrect because the newer doors work on a cable and mine has a rod assembly. However an hour at my friendly body shop, in Norwich, and they adapted it to fit. Thank you for your advice.

Back