Technical Ducato Multijet top door rollers

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato Multijet top door rollers

Hi, bought this roller assembly for the top of the sliding door only to find it needs rivetted to the door bracket.
The steel post at the top of the assembly (see photo) has to be formed into a flat rivet head - but I, and the seller, have no idea how!!
Anyone ever done this job? (without destroying the part!) - or have the workshop manual instructions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231121-113221.png
    Screenshot_20231121-113221.png
    525.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Just a thought, to remove the old one from the door bracket is it riveted or welded? Can you drill out the old one and once it has been put in the correct position get a local garage or bodyshop to put a little weld to secure it?

Hi, Mikey.
Crossed my mind too - but I believe the rivet joint has to be free to swivel - and welding would lock it, unfortunately.

Hi, Mikey.
Crossed my mind too - but I believe the rivet joint has to be free to swivel - and welding would lock it, unfortunately.
Oh! It's hard to tell from the photo, I was thinking to weld just the top of it were if it was a rivet it would have been "peined over" , seems strange to be have to be able to move at the end of a small rivet, surely that would give maximum wear issues at a small weak point?
You can't get any more clues looking at the original part?
Maybe here on Forum there is a PDF parts diagram of your model to suggest which part is normally changed.:)

Any chance of a refund and a complete one being supplied?
Even with a washer on top and riveted /peined over surely any correct movement has to be in the rest of the mechanism with spindle stationary in the part bolted to the door?

I will be going for refund if I can't find a link to a 'how to' article/video.
The rivet is clenched just enough to leave clearance for free pivoting around the post. The pivot is to allow for the hockey stick bend in the roller channels.
The 'how' to clench a solid steel rivet and with what tools to do it with is my quest.

I will be going for refund if I can't find a link to a 'how to' article/video.
The rivet is clenched just enough to leave clearance for free pivoting around the post. The pivot is to allow for the hockey stick bend in the roller channels.
The 'how' to clench a solid steel rivet and with what tools to do it with is my quest.
Refund sounds the answer.
I was thinking there was a step so the head could be riveted over tight yet still allow the rest to move as necessary.
Either way it sounds like a load of hassle so refund best solution.:)

Anyone have access to the 'body' section of a workshop manual for the Ducato Multijet?
In case it covers replacement of these door rollers?

Just done mine for about £16 but never had that flat bit on mine the top picture is same as i got delivered..took a few mins to swap over ...mine had a 17mm nyloc nut so just undid it i marked the bracket on door took it all off blocked up sliding door.cleaned all the runners smooth as silk now.

Just done mine for about £16 but never had that flat bit on mine the top picture is same as i got delivered..took a few mins to swap over ...mine had a 17mm nyloc nut so just undid it i marked the bracket on door took it all off blocked up sliding door.cleaned all the runners smooth as silk now.
Oh. That's interesting! Perhaps I can just remove the new post part and attach the rollers to the old post using the nylon nut???
Never crossed my mind tbh!

Hi does this help the threaded part helps adjust the height...

Attachments

• IMG20231128155553.jpg
    IMG20231128155553.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG20231128155543.jpg
    IMG20231128155543.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG20231128155530.jpg
    IMG20231128155530.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG20231128155348.jpg
    IMG20231128155348.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 31
Hi does this help the threaded part helps adjust the height...
Thanks. Yep, that's exactly how mine looks.
But I'm confused again now
So what did you do with that upright post part? Did you you form it into a rivet head?
And why does it look new when the roller part looks old?

ohh i see what your saying i undid that new threaded bit and used the old arm part as you see in door pic i just kept old rollers and new threaded pin part ..not sure what else to say i done a few months ago now i got the one in your pic didnt come with arm part ..i got this one from amazon..hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG20231129190023.jpg
    IMG20231129190023.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back