Technical Ducato RPM sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato RPM sensor

John greenfield

Help please

I have a 2008 Ducato X250 with the 3.0l engine. I have a fault code saying faulty / intermittant RPM sensor. Can anyone tell me where on the engine the sensor is and how easy it is to change.

Thanks

Help please

I have a 2008 Ducato X250 with the 3.0l engine. I have a fault code saying faulty / intermittant RPM sensor. Can anyone tell me where on the engine the sensor is and how easy it is to change.

Thanks
The Fiat Training Manual for the 3 litre x250 is available in the downloads section. It is the shorter of the two similar files. On page 59 of this manual, there is a short section relating to the rpm sensor, from which the ECU drives cranlshaft position and speed.

I would hesitate to describe the exact location of the sensor without a 3 litre engine to inspect.

Help again.

I have tried all search words in the downloads section but can't find the manuals you refer to. Can someone share a link please.
It seems that you have taken a wrong turn in the menu. Click on the word "Downloads", at LHS select in turn, Commercials, Ducato, page 2. You will then find the Training Manual, click to download and you will be presented with two choices. Choose the shorter file for the 3 litre engine.

K046 is the crankshaFT /rpm SENSOR.

image_2024-02-13_173134044.png

FOr comparrison with the 2.3 see
I found the difference interesting as i couldn't find the rpm sensor on my x2.3 x290 in the same place as the x250 2.3 (the camshaft sensor appears to be in same place on each.

Back