Technical Ducato keeps cutting out and won't restart

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato keeps cutting out and won't restart

Woody wood

I'm at my wits end can somebody out there help me I have a 2005 2.3 jtd pane van which cuts out all the time only when slowing down to tick over it runs fine but at least twice a day it cuts out and won't restart for 10 minutes this is always consistent .Starts fine first thing runs fine then could 5 minutes later could be an hour just cuts out and won't restart till 10 minutes has past I need help thank you

Unsure with Fiat but that sort of issue with a Benz is usually a problem with the crankshaft position sensor. Might be the same.

Ian.

Iv had this on 2litre Get diag tool look for any codes in ecu with fuel pressure monitoring and it could need pump and injectors

Iv had this on 2litre Get diag tool look for any codes in ecu with fuel pressure monitoring and it could need pump and injectors

Plugging in for diagnostics is always a good start.

However.. the OP has not mentioned diagnostics..
(So we assume he has no easy access to them)

The CAS replacement is likely to cost about the same as a diagnostic visit..
AND OF COURSE the CAS Is awkward in the fact it generally doesnt show in fault code readings.

So replacing it is a worthy 1st item.

My question to Woody wood

Does it only do it ONCE PER DAY?

or after every HOUR of running.(5 times in a 6 hour journey)??

Charlie

Hi Charlie it cuts out only on tick over and can do it at any time but always restarts after standing ten minutes

Real solution plug in and read ?that’s what I said in the first place[emoji15]

Back