Technical 2012 Ducato Maxi Natural Power (cng) engine cut out and not starting.

Currently reading:
Technical 2012 Ducato Maxi Natural Power (cng) engine cut out and not starting.

Teoriax

Hi I had a 2 week trip away - leaving my ducato outdoors meanwhile in some lowering temperatures and snow (may be the cause for this problem) and I started it and it ran for about half hour normally - the next day when I took it out to drive to a friend's (5 or 6 minutes away) it ran fine. And after a cup of tea I took to continue my journey but when I pulled up outside a shop (with 1 bar of 4 of fuel showing on the indicator) the engine cut off suddenly. And I was puzzled so turned and started it successfully but a few seconds later it stopped again and shows a full (4 of 4 bars) cng gauge, blinking - which I'd never seen before and it wouldn't (and still wont) start again at all - even with battery booster... i called a diagnostic check to the site and he had connection to abs and airbag but not the engine CPU. What could be the chance somebody here has any insight on where to look to solve this fault in this circumstance? Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏

HI,

we don't get CNG in the UK 🤔

Is the fuel switchable..
Can you select liquid fuel, not the gas?

Or is it CNG ONLY?

DIAGNOSTIC OBD.. that is a strange result 😕
The fuse for the ECU turns out to be blowing - 😑
It's CNG with auto switch to emergency 10 litre petrol only

In another recent thread @348azeus, drawing frpm his own experience, has suggested that the possibility of water ingress should be considered.

At temperatures below 0C snow can be like a fine powder, and can blow through small cracks. Many years ago I saw the under bonnet space of a vehicle filled with hard packed snow, after the vehicle had been left standing in an exposed location for several days.

Back