Technical Ducato door mirror/antenna.

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato door mirror/antenna.

Philsmith57

I am trying to source a replacement passenger side door mirror for a 2021 Ducato. I have found one with both blind spot mirror and main mirror heayed and electrically adjustable but I have been told by the dealer I purchased it from that the passenger side mirror has a DAB/FM radio antenna inside it. The cab has a conventional radio antenna on the roof just above the windscreen. I cannot seem to find a door mirror available with this option. Does anyone have knowledge/experience of this? Thanks.

Thanks for reply. So, on your Ducato, is the blindspot mirror on the passenger side, partly obscured by the door when looking from the driver's seat?
I get a view of the full area of the blind-spot mirror, (and it doesn't get very close to being obscured).

I think that, even if you've got a shorter arm replacement, any issue would not arise from obscuring the mirror itself, (which should be suitably positioned to be able to see the mirror) but there could/would be problems with the rearward view.

FWIW, I've just sat in the passenger seat of my 'van, and checked the driver's side mirror. The blind-spot portion is rather closer to being obscured by the bodywork than the reverse situation, and I could almost imagine it being as you describe (and variable depending on seat position). It is certainly less clearly positioned than the passenger's side is from the driver's side.

There might just be a chance that you have got a LHD mirror.

Back