Technical Ducato 2.8jtd abs/asr warning light on.

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.8jtd abs/asr warning light on.

Richard Thomas

Hi all,been on 200 mile trip today in ducato camper.abs/asr warning lights came on and stayed on.brakes working ok so carried on home.decided to take wheels off to check wheel sensors not damaged/corroded.on inspection sensor looked ok but toothed timing wheel which is pressed onto rear of hub has cracked and came adrift.just wondering if anyone else has had experience of this and what parts were needed for repair.

Hi
Had a look in the Fiat eper parts manual & could not even find a reference to that item, it is not shown in any of the diagrams that I could find?
In the 244 workshop manual under ABS operational description it is referred to as "ring gear or phonic wheel" but as I said I could not find any reference to either description in the parts manual.
I don't remember seeing anybody else post info regarding the problem of these ring gears cracking although there have been posts with regard to the lights coming on as yours has, but I doubt if they went to the extent to check to see if the ring gears have been damaged or have cracked as you have found.
Maybe "T14086" the forum moderator has come across this before or knows if these can be brought separately as a part?
Sorry I couldn't help

Its a very common problem on some vag vehicles, if its pressed on I very much doubt that fiat will supply it as a part. I had a look in eper and I'd say you're talking the whole unit.

Probably cheaper to get the whole hub from a scrappie.

Many thanks for your help.have enquired price of replacement part from fiat and it works out about £470.Does anyone know if such a part would be available from pattern supplier?

Back