Technical Ducato 2.2 PCM Update

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.2 PCM Update

rossedin

Hi,

I have a 2009 Ducato 100 with the 2.2 Puma engine. For some time I've suffered with rough idle and have spent some time replacing the PCV/SCV, fuel filter and injector seals. I've also had the injectors tested and a couple refurbished. The van runs fine now but it refuses to pilot learn and fails with code 80 part of the way through the process.
The 2.2 engine is far more common in the mk7 transit and seems the pilot learn issue is also common. With ford vans the dealer can run a PCM update which then allows it pilot learn and also improves fuel efficiency.
I've had my van into two Fiat Professional dealers to try and get the PCM update without any success. The first dealer just said they couldn't do it but the second gave it a good go. Apparently with these vans the diagnostic equipment was called examiner and was an older fiat laptop with cables attached. The dealer requested examiner from Fiat themselves. It connected to the vehicle but was unable to do the update as apparently that's not supported in the old version anymore. Originally the examiner had a modem where it would download the update but the modem wasn't provided with the equipment the garage received.
Next Fiat told them that they're new diagnostic tool (I cant remember the name) could connect to the vehicle and do the update but it needed an emulator installed. Their tech spend some time with a fiat tech but they couldn't get the emulator to work. The new diagnostic uses a wireless OBD dongle and connects to a newer laptop. It's designed to talk to the X290 vans and newer vehicles but apparently will talk to and update the X250 with the emulator. The garage that tried all of this was very helpful but they have no demand to update older vans so didn't want to spend anymore time on it.

Does anyone have any idea where in the UK I could have this PCM update successfully performed?

Back