Technical ECU update Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical ECU update Ducato

ANDYT4

Afternoon all, new boy. I’ve not much to offer, yet! but I would like to find info on my 17 plate Ducato 150 MJ2 motorhome up plated to 3850kg. It’s not been through the fiat maintenance system so I believe the ECU software will be out of date? She’s not overweight but 6th is dire! except on the flat! I’ve had her 2 years now and don’t expect F1 and certainly don’t drive like it. Will the software update address this? and what would the newest version be? Please! Cheers

I have a 2017 150 which was similarly uprated to 3850kg from the motorhome manufacturers plated 3500kg. Incidentally the original Fiat plate was 3650kg. I can't say I find 6th gear performance any different from what I expected, it is never going to be possible to stay in 6th for any length of time on upwards slopes even if kept within its maximum load of 3500kg..
If you loaded your motorhome to only 3500kg would you be satisfied with the performance?
What 'do you mean by software update? Is this a Fiat ECU software update? I can't see it myself, why would Fiat get involved when the vehicle has had its MGW uprated by a 3rd party

I have a 2017 150 which was similarly uprated to 3850kg from the motorhome manufacturers plated 3500kg. Incidentally the original Fiat plate was 3650kg. I can't say I find 6th gear performance any different from what I expected, it is never going to be possible to stay in 6th for any length of time on upwards slopes even if kept within its maximum load of 3500kg..
If you loaded your motorhome to only 3500kg would you be satisfied with the performance?
What 'do you mean by software update? Is this a Fiat ECU software update? I can't see it myself, why would Fiat get involved when the vehicle has had its MGW uprated by a 3rd party
Hi Rayc, Thanks very much for your reply much appreciated and sure enough 6th is never going to be an acceleration gear granted and have lived 2 years with it but now in northern Spain and Portugal and it’s up and down the box like mad, should have gone to Lincolnshire! The ECU software update was something I discovered on Motorhome fun forum and thought I’d ask the experts here.
And just found something in ‘Technical’ on this forum:

ducato twin EGR software version maual or auto​

Thanks again, Andy

Will a Software update turn my van into a 1/4 mile Monster? No i don't think so . There were a number of software versions possibly used in the twin egr version from 16,18,23,24,25,28,32. It would be interesting to know what version you have. Mine left the factory Nov 2016 and was updated to V028 march 2019 at first service. V28 is the last version issued for manual V32 is for automatics normally but some people (manuals) have convinced dealers to update to 32. Now question is why so many versions? We know there were issues with regeneration and cracking of DPF leading to blocked LPEGR cooler.

version.jpg

PS if you go to fiat pro they cant tell you what version you have only that it needs updating . the normal conversation now goes what problems do you have? none then you don't need an update. There is a variation in the quality/ knowledge of Fiat pro dealers. By the way Euro 6 are slugs incomparison to previous models.

Last edited:
Will a Software update turn my van into a 1/4 mile Monster? No i don't think so . There were a number of software versions possibly used in the twin egr version from 16,18,23,24,25,28,32. It would be interesting to know what version you have. Mine left the factory Nov 2016 and was updated to V028 march 2019 at first service. V28 is the last version issued for manual V32 is for automatics normally but some people (manuals) have convinced dealers to update to 32. Now question is why so many versions? We know there were issues with regeneration and cracking of DPF leading to blocked LPEGR cooler.
Hi theoneandonly, yes to all of the above and v28 I am informed is the most recent👍I’ve located this thread on out and about, Remapping a 2018 Ducato:
It gives encouraging info on stronger 3L gearbox on the 150, the MHF forum also gives a thumbs up for the software upgrade. I’m an electrician, what do I know?? Cheers

Evening the 1 an Only, It doesn’t surprise me that, that question prompts ‘thumb up bum, mind in neutral’, not too many old skills left😞
Lost without a diagnostic! I have now (son bless), sound advice…watch this space and once again, thank you very much 👍

Back