Technical Driver seat slider handle sheared.

Currently reading:
Technical Driver seat slider handle sheared.

mattsc

Hi All. I'm pretty new to the forum, but have checked through & can't see anyone who's had the same issue.
I've owned a 2010 Panda active Eco from new and it's been generally great but, inevitably, things have gradually started to go south. Most things have been a fairly straight forward fix, but this latest problem giving me a bit of a headache. As per the attached photo, the below seat handle to control the front/back slide on the driver seat has sheared next to the weld. The problem is, the seat is stuck in the furthest back position, which means a) My wife can't drive it (it's her car) and b) I can't get access to the bolts fixing the seat down. I've tried all sorts to lever the mechanism up to shift the seat forward, but I just can't, any suggestions/advice?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20221210_145358.jpg
    20221210_145358.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 143
I had the passenger seat out on my daughters 2012 Punto Evo to fix the seat occupancy sensor, fairly straight forward , but from what you say the fact the adjuster is damaged is stopping movement to access the bolts at the back end to take seat out? Only thing I would do is with all bolts tight so it isn't out of align I would use a bar or screwdriver to aid movement of the lever in the release position, it may mean damaging/removing the plastic on that side, I assume it is the nearest to the middle of the car so not much room. Do be careful that the airbags are deactivated and seat belt pretensioners also to avoid personal injury. Once out hopefully you can strip the cover off and get it welded as it is mostly mild steel.
I can't remember, does it use a cable from one side to the other to release the opposite side catch?

Do you have a mini mole grip? You might be able to grip and move with one of those. I had an issue with our 312 recently and thought the seat was busted. It turned out just to be sticking once the seat was out it was easily freed and fixed. The lift bar actually can be removed without tools it is just an interferance fit. Leverage without it will require quite a lot of force as the leverage provided isnt there. If you can get one side to move using the lever and get soemone to hold the seat or wedge it, the other is more likely to go in the same direction if you release it. You could go to a scrap yard and remove a seat and possible just buy athe release bar. If so you might cut the old one in half and remove the broken part side to give better access to move the seat?

Back