Technical Dpf

Currently reading:
Technical Dpf

EbW

I am a non technical person, well on its way to receive a telegram from the Queen and would like to use the registered version of Multiscan.
Has anybody any experience with a Fiat Ducato multijet 3.0 driving at high altitude?
With high altitude, I mean 3000 to 5000m (Lake Titicaca, South America) driving and camping for about 14 days.
If you believe the internet then you absolutely would be no wiser off.
One says: No problem.
An other says: Take the DPF and EGR out, reprogram and keep going.
Can the DPF and EGR be put back? You might loose your warrant of fitness in Europe countries is no DPF/EGR is fitted, hence no longer allowed on the road.
A third says: Use an additive, while the fourth says: Never use an additive.
My Fiat is an end 2014 model Globecar Campscout Revolution campervan.
Any advice please.

Thanks.
kind regards,

Eb W.
P.s have already been well aware of DPF problems and after $ 2,770.00 later was advised the DPF sensor was the culprit. Faulty.

Hi,
Driving a heavy vehicle at high altitudes shold be no problem for the DPF. They like heavy loads. I don't know much about your vehicle laws, but it's almost certainly illegal to delete the DPF or EGR. Multiecuscan is highly recommended. Correct grade of oil is more important than fuel. Additives are not essential but a cleaner Cetane booster every other or third tankful will do no harm.

Robert G8RPI.

Never driven at those kind of altitudes I'm afraid. Can't see why you wouldn't use a cetane improver it reduces soot, reduces ignition delay, reduces egt. You can buy 99% 2-EHN on ebay / amazon for a fraction of the cost of the small millers, forte, wynns etc bottles which are typically about 20% 2-EHN mixed with kerosene.

In theory the IAT, MAP, MAF and Lambda sensors provide enough info for the ecu to prevent over injection at high altitude but its unlikely the ducato map was tested extensively if at all at 60% of atmospheric pressure.

Thanks Robert for your info.

I also follow n Iveco camper truck running around inSouth America. He also said: So far no problems with the DPF.

Kind regards,

Eb W. ZL4RM/PA0JAG
Will not likely be QRV from those countries we will visit.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards,

Eb W.

Back