Download Blue&Me even though Adobe does not recommend Flash player?

Currently reading:
Download Blue&Me even though Adobe does not recommend Flash player?

huongnhq

Hello!

I am a newbie owner of a Fiat 500 dual logic. The car system offers the opportunity to install Blue&Me, but after reading controversial opinions about Adobe Flash player I am really confused if I should download and use the software anyhow. How safe or how risky can it be? Does it worth it to install and disregard the risks when devices are so much connected? Any news about whether Blue&Me is replaced by another one that is still compatible with Fiat 500?

Thank you for your response!

Hello!

I am a newbie owner of a Fiat 500 dual logic. The car system offers the opportunity to install Blue&Me, but after reading controversial opinions about Adobe Flash player I am really confused if I should download and use the software anyhow. How safe or how risky can it be? Does it worth it to install and disregard the risks when devices are so much connected? Any news about whether Blue&Me is replaced by another one that is still compatible with Fiat 500?

Thank you for your response!
What do you me install blue and me?

The website was for installing software update to the system

It did NOT install 5he system into the car itself as it's a physical hardware unit

What do you me install blue and me?

The website was for installing software update to the system

It did NOT install 5he system into the car itself as it's a physical hardware unit
Hi Chris 3234,
Sorry for the wrong wording then :). And thanks for your reply. Now I need to refresh my brain. If I download Blue&Me updates on the USB, plug the USB in the car (supported with Bluetooth), what is the logic of connection here in order to e.g. play music from my smartphone? And what is the potential safety risk here?

Hi Chris 3234,
Sorry for the wrong wording then :). And thanks for your reply. Now I need to refresh my brain. If I download Blue&Me updates on the USB, plug the USB in the car (supported with Bluetooth), what is the logic of connection here in order to e.g. play music from my smartphone? And what is the potential safety risk here?
The updates are apparently to improve support for phones that being said if your current system is working just fine I'd leave it as it is

You can find alternate browsers which will allow you to use Flash (I put it in part of a 500 howto) but steer clear if you're successfully using a TomTom Blue&Me satnav with the car - just as with the TomTom updates, it's easy to knock car->satnav communications out of kilter, and once it's gone it's impossible to get the comms working again.

Last edited:
Back