Technical Doors won't open!!

Currently reading:
Technical Doors won't open!!

Aart

Hi,

I own a 2001 Punto and have the following problem. My doors won't open! I use the remote and the lights blink but the doors simply don't unlock:bang:

I have to actually open the back and crawl from there to the front seat. Also manually trying to open the doors from the inside using either the handle or pulling the pin doesn't work:confused:

Would be grateful for any good suggestions!

Thanks,
AJ

Lights flash but doors dont open is a sign of the actuator seasing to function
meaning either
A - not enough power = Battery weak
b - No power = Fuse? relay? if there is one
c - Broken connection - in the door maybe?

check battery and fuse first

But since when you pul the pin up from the inside and the passengers dont open, i'd be curious as to why it aint?

Ziggy

Hi, Today I got the same issue. Part of the day was rainy.
Some data: punto 2000 year 1.9 Jtd elx 3D, with original central locking, without the alarm (interior sensors, siren, hood switch).
Car closed the doors while I was driving - I could open it manually by pin.
2 or more hours later I couldn't open all doors by all ways - I had to enter by boot then manually open the doors.
(The engine is starting with no problems. - Battery is ok )
I found damaged fuse of central locking - replaced it, then I could "lock/unlock" the system, but there's no mechanical reaction - I mean, the indicators are flashing 2 times, but the doors are still locked/unlocked. I have read in manual that twice flashes means "open boot", but boot is closed. All interior lights works normally. MES said error B1013 defect of central locking relay. I checked all fuses (all of them were tarnished), tried to see what happens when I unplug the rest of relays - no effect.

When I unplugged fuse of central locking I couldn't open/close the doors manually. When I tries to push or pull the pin I hear a work of relay but I think it is inside body computer.

I've got a suspicion that it can be a problem with boot lock or Body computer. (Foot area is dry)

IMPORTANT: pushing/pulling pin in first door doesn't change the state of second lock. MES can't do a test of the locks
Any ideas?

Last edited:
So I see that I'm first one with this problem.

Progress:
- I checked switch in boot and it's damaged, the light works fine, but central locking doesn't know position of cover - I will repair it.
- Right lock actuator totally dead
- Relays on body computer (inside) works well

BTW: Is this possible to disassemble actuator without disassembly lock?

Last edited:
So I see that I'm first one with this problem.

Progress:
- I checked switch in boot and it's damaged, the light works fine, but central locking doesn't know position of cover - I will repair it.
- Right lock actuator totally dead
- Relays on body computer (inside) works well

BTW: Is this possible to disassemble actuator without disassembly lock?

Door lock remains inside door - the he actuator is seperate to lock

Ziggy

Now I know that actuator is a part of front lock.

Progress:
- I diasembled locks and actuators, motors have been burned. For my luck I found old opel actuators so I changed the motors. Motors are flat, fi 24mm, height 18mm, length about 30-32mm, there is a problem to buy it cheap, everything expensive than 2,5 euro is nonsens (universal actuator cost about 2,5 euro)
- remote locking is working (temporary without boot lock), but can't open the doors (only closing works), I think thats problem with relay of central locking (on BCM)

Something must've caused them to burn, as they don't just do so by themselves - especially not several at once. Is there resistance in any moving parts? Is the wiring okay? Measure the resistance in wires, both in the door and the loom from door to BCM.

Wires are fine, I think that right actuator started burning and It could tooked more current, so it led to bonding a relay, and when relay stoped in wrong position it could burn left actuator

That's my theory

Next problem is that it's really hard to buy relay of central locking Cf12-12V.
production was discontinued and there is not alternative with same spacing of pins.

Finally I solved that problem, well.. I disassembled a relay of central locking and opened it, I saw that relay worked fine ;( But I saw too traces of water near integrated circuit which drive the relay. It was Toshiba Darlington sink driver, bought new one (newer version), replace it, works great! :D

Back