General Doors not fitting flush

Currently reading:
General Doors not fitting flush

samantha1978

Eco active 1.1 2010

I have a bit of an issue with the drivers side door and drivers passenger door not sitting flush as the passenger side doors do. I have had them rehung by he garage I bought he car from and the adjusted the latch on both doors so they sit lovely, but it's starting to happen again. Has anyone else noticed this or am I being fussy?

Eco active 1.1 2010

Has anyone else noticed this or am I being fussy?

Not noticed it and no you're not being fussy.

Almost sounds like he didn't tighten the latch enough and it's slipped. Why it wasn't right in the first place is unusual though. Presumably it was clear on vCar (i.e. not damage-repaired)?

How do I check if it's been in an accident as I asked the dealer I bought it from and he assure me it hasnt

Show us a shallow-angle image of the door fitting - both of mine are fine.

Does the door latch on the door post seem to move easily?

Will post a pic later but just looked and it's not as bad as I thought. I am being ocd but I need opinions. Will post pic when I am home from work. Thank you

Will post a pic later but just looked and it's not as bad as I thought. I am being ocd but I need opinions. Will post pic when I am home from work. Thank you

Well, mine could be 1mm or 2mm - I wouldn't notice that. Anything more would probably be obvious.

You could find a car body shop nearby (not the dealer) and ask them to check it out. It's the kind of thing they're doing on a daily basis, so it would take them minutes only to get the panel fit right. They would at least give you reassurance.

How do I check if it's been in an accident as I asked the dealer I bought it from and he assure me it hasnt

You can't, and he can't either unless he's owned the car from new TBH.

Just done an hpi check and it's crystal clear and lovely ?

Doesn't mean it hasn't been in an accident, just means it hasn't been written off ;)

Doors are fine they haven't slipped again I am an idiot. I hadn't shut the door properly lol. The garage i bought it from were gonna take it in and do a thorough investigation on it, I was so embarrassed when I rang to cancel. They are a nice bunch though ?. Thanks for the replies people it's appreciated x

Wonder your battery wasn't flat!
Interior lights stay on when doors are not shut properly.

Fear not, my good lady once arranged to get a nasty chip in her windscreen repaired....before I got a cloth out and rubbed the chip magically away:D

To be fair...it did look like a chip:eek:

Thanks Wee Smurf - I didn't know that.
Now I've got to suss out what's draining my battery, because I thought it was my better half leaving the door on the latch all night!
I have a wifi code reader unit plugged into my OBD2 socket permanently. Wonder if it could be that?

I sometimes leave the boys sitting in the car in the garage watching their dvds if they want to continue watching it till it ends. I open the back door so that they can get out when they've finished (I have my child locks on). They almost never close the door behind them but the light turns itself off so that's fine by me. The little boot light (if you're lucky enough to have one installed) will turn itself off after a while too.

If your battery is so easy to run down, it could be a sign that it's either not charging very well or it's not holding its charge very well which might suggest that it's past its best.

Bought a new battery yesterday!
Previous battery was 40amp with 350amp CCA. Not enough for the Multijet, and getting tired, so upgraded.

Back