General Does anyone have the "500 logo stripe" ?

Currently reading:
General Does anyone have the "500 logo stripe" ?

Or close-up pics of one? I can't help thinking that our "baby car" is looking a bit bare and is need of something to liven it (hasn't been christened yet) up.

I'm torn between the Italian bonnet/roof stripes and the relatively plain black of the logo stripe but would love to see the latter in more detail first before shelling out £100+.

I did think that - there actually used to be a chap who'd come along to our local VW meets and do all sorts of graphics on the spot. The only thing is I'd like it to look as factory as possible (bar the new wheels of course:D)

I have the Abarth style '500' stripes on mine. I fitted them myself and they look great. I got two lots just in case I buggered them up, which I did on one side and had to re-do :eek: They cost £25 a set off Ebay.

Been on for 7 months now and theres no peeling or anything. I'll try and find a pic....

Si

I was going to have the iti stripe originally but looking at it, it seems a bit thin and measley. The sports stripes in whatever colour are much chunkier and make more of a statement I feel.

As discussed elsewhere Im adding a no5 to my bonnet but Im going to a local vinyl graphics firm to see what they can do... the one i bought off ebay looked ok but the edges were a bit scrappy so I took it off.

A while back I was very tempted to get a local sign making firm to make me a large 'street art' (NOT graffiti!) style graphic for my car. I'm so glad I didn't, it would have looked chavtastic! :eek:

I'm leaving mine plain white in the hope that everyone else will go getting vinyls for theirs and mine will be one of the only plain ones left :p

I had custom made stripes on mine, did sides and bonnet. Design is a cross between sport and abarth type. Thought about going for fiat ones but when I looked at the cost, I thought I might as well have custom ones done.

Now looking at custom No.5 for bonnet and back.

I had custom made stripes on mine, did sides and bonnet. Design is a cross between sport and abarth type. Thought about going for fiat ones but when I looked at the cost, I thought I might as well have custom ones done.

Now looking at custom No.5 for bonnet and back.

Oh where u putting the one on the back? I was thinking of a smaller one next to the reg plate when I get my bonnet one done.

My friend works with vinyl, made the mistake of telling him that the scorpion on the Abarth's bonnet was about £75, he gasped in shock and told me he could have done an exact replica in 7 year warrantied vinyl for £5 :bang:

Going to get him to cover the "vulnerable to chips" side skirts with a layer or clear to protect them.

A while back I was very tempted to get a local sign making firm to make me a large 'street art' (NOT graffiti!) style graphic for my car. I'm so glad I didn't, it would have looked chavtastic! :eek:

I'm leaving mine plain white in the hope that everyone else will go getting vinyls for theirs and mine will be one of the only plain ones left :p

good plan Lloyd, only mine will be left plain also ;)

I have the green/white/red stripe fitted to mine and wish I hadn't. I wish I'd gone with my original plan which was to have a much thinner set designed ans made to run righ round the back of the car. The dealer fitted ones just seem clumsy when you see some of the graphics that a decent company can do...

Been to a graphics place and they cant match the red used for the fiat graphics, so they have suggested doing the no5 in black... not sure. Anyone got any opinions? Done a mock up on configurator to show wot itll look like.

Attachments

• red black.JPG
    red black.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 55
Mick, if you can't get it in red I would forget the whole idea. Either that or get a black stripe instead. LOL.

Having said that I have just looked at your photogallery (boy that scaryface one should have an adult filter lol) and there is a fair bit of black on your car as well so I'm gonna do what I always do in a situation like this ....... sit on the fence and let the girls sort it out.

Last edited:
Mick, if you can't get it in red I would forget the whole idea. Either that or get a black stripe instead. LOL.

Having said that I have just looked at your photogallery (boy that scaryface one should have an adult filter lol) and there is a fair bit of black on your car as well so I'm gonna do what I always do in a situation like this ....... sit on the fence and let the girls sort it out.

So, entirely pointless comment then? I know wot u mean re the black/red tho, Im conflicted. Probly best to do nothing. And that comes naturally to me so thats good! Thanks for the opinion Tony! :D

OK Notts, my opinion, for what it's worth, is don't put the "5" thingy on ... I think your car looks good with the red stripe but think the "5" thingy is a bit over-egging it (in housing developments we call things like that "gob on's"! No offence to anyone else with any sort of logo on the bonnet - just not my thing at all.

Right, Im a firm believer in trusting that the universe will unfold as it should (anyone who can tell me where this came from can have a payment of £1 from paypal) and I've decided that in conjunction with the opinions I've had from my fiatfriends and the fact that I've had probs with adding the graphic, the universe is telling me that less is more and to paraphrase Heidi, I'm over-egging and gobbing on it. So I'm leaving it as it is.

So I'm just going to cover the white dash insert in pink glitter paint, and thats me done. I'll post pics! :D

Back