Technical Does a 500 have an ABS relay?

Currently reading:
Technical Does a 500 have an ABS relay?

I had a blown DRL. Changed the bulb and it worked, put it all back together and then neither was working. I then got an abs and EBD error. Ran MES and I have an open circuit on the ABS. I looked at the DRL again and saw that the wires for both full beam and DRL were stripped and touching each other. Swapped out the DRL and they’re working g but I can’t get rid of the ABS error.

i had a spare ABS sensor so swapped that but no difference.

Can’t be a coincidence surely?

Does the UK 500 have a relay? I have checked every fuse in the car and they are OK.

Some of the videos on YouTube suggest it does but that’s on US cars. I can’t find an answer on UK cars.

Car was sold and buyer was collecting this morning, now it’s all gone wrong 😬😬😬

I did at the time when he did this car, but I'll have a rewatch. Spoke to my mobile mechanic guy yesterday. He told me it has a relay/fuse. I said that the diagrams I have for the fusebox shows no fuse or relay. He asked me for the reg and looked it up on his system. He said that also shows it doesn't but he said he has a customer with a Fiat 500 whose first job was an ABS problem. He sent the pump off for a refurb and when it came back it was the same. He then found that it had a relay, changed that and it was working. This is a very strange scenario. The US cars, from what I found on YouTube do have two relays but our cars don't show as having one. Luckily, I have two other 500s, so I'll identify which relay it is and swap them and see what happens.

Open circuit on what exactly? A sensor or other part
If the two wires were touching either you'd get a short or feed from the drl to main beam? As I assume you didn't try main beam ? I'd hope that if the drl tried to feed the main beam a fuse would go ( 42w vs 110w? ) or a short also blow the fuse?

Back