Dodgy washing machine..!??

Currently reading:
Dodgy washing machine..!??

the mk1 kid

Hey,

I'd be very grateful for any advise on this one..

Right my sister has a washing machine which, on its last three washes has 'eaten' an item per wash.

Example - a sock came out like a piece of swiss cheeze, but all the other items are fine.

Its a very old machine (made when things were made to last!), but everything inside looks ok.

Could it be the power/water... something other than mechanical parts damaging the garments?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

you all make washing hard work lol

sounds like something to do with the drum i'd say!

Hi,

I haven't seen the machine (she lives miles away) unfortunately, but i think it must be pretty obvious to do that.

The bra wire is something that i would not of thought of, and easily missed!

The machine is 17 years old, and besides some new brushes (whis my sister changed!?) i dont think it has gone wrong before, which is the reason i think its work keeping if this can be fixed.

The new ones are pants, with built in obsolescence like everything else these days.

I heard a while ago that cheap domestic lawn mowers are meant to die after 50 goes! 10 cuts a year for 5 years...

Regards

Tom

I remember last year somone who fixes them told me to buy either a Bosch or Zanussi Washing Machine, said there good and last quite long, also told me stay away from the Indesit ones.

Back