General Doblo - Still hanging on in there...

Currently reading:
General Doblo - Still hanging on in there...

Jim IOW

It's been a while since I posted here, but thought I would comment on the continuing joys(?) of running my 2007 Doblo. As is common with these the poor thing is used as a family car, van, transports my photography and music gear...It has covered 140,000 miles now... Since I have had it the DPF has been replaced, a high pressure turbo hose, an air con condenser, cam belt, exactly a year ago it needed a turbo and during this year 4 new tyres as the tracking was a whopping 6 degrees out. I was having trouble engaging reverse, the release bearing was breaking up! So just before Christmas a new clutch. The MOT said there was an issue with the gearbox mount, the rear bushes needed replacing, although this wasn't picked up on the MOT, it was banging like a good'un especially when loaded. I also thought I had a slow puncture, it turned out that the front off side wheel was buckled, so I replaced them with steel wheels. With the shaking from the engine gone thanks to the lower mount, and some "true" wheels it is like driving a new car again! Actually, everyone who has seen it say the steel wheels sui it better than the alloys did!! There is still nothing like it for the combination of economy and practicality!

Attachments

• Doblo New Wheels copy.jpg
    Doblo New Wheels copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
It's been a while since I posted here, but thought I would comment on the continuing joys(?) of running my 2007 Doblo. As is common with these the poor thing is used as a family car, van, transports my photography and music gear...It has covered 140,000 miles now... Since I have had it the DPF has been replaced, a high pressure turbo hose, an air con condenser, cam belt, exactly a year ago it needed a turbo and during this year 4 new tyres as the tracking was a whopping 6 degrees out. I was having trouble engaging reverse, the release bearing was breaking up! So just before Christmas a new clutch. The MOT said there was an issue with the gearbox mount, the rear bushes needed replacing, although this wasn't picked up on the MOT, it was banging like a good'un especially when loaded. I also thought I had a slow puncture, it turned out that the front off side wheel was buckled, so I replaced them with steel wheels. With the shaking from the engine gone thanks to the lower mount, and some "true" wheels it is like driving a new car again! Actually, everyone who has seen it say the steel wheels sui it better than the alloys did!! There is still nothing like it for the combination of economy and practicality!
Hi. You said you had your Air Con Condenser replaced? Do you remember who did it for you. I have a Fiat Doblo mark I, 1.9 JTD and air. Con condenser is leaking, so need it replaced. Thank u for yr time and effort in replying.

Back