Technical Doblo Cargo Maxi '08 1.3 Radiator Hose - Replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo Cargo Maxi '08 1.3 Radiator Hose - Replacement

torinf

Hi Folks,

I am attempting to change the top radiator hose - I have ordered the part but looking at the place where it connects (pic below) it looks really wedged in.

Has anyone attempted to do this? any tips for getting some leverage in there without busting the rad?

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 4.17.57 pm.png

It depends whether you want to take the easy route and prise off the metal /jubilee clip and just replace the rubber hose or go the whole hog and struggle with the release mechanism on the clip that holds the plastic elbow on.
There are several on Forum who have done both ways. So if you decide to remove with plastic elbow I should read how they go about it.
I had to replace several fittings on a 1.6 Multijet with a spring clip arrangement where the clip was prised back and this allowed the plastic fitting to release, I still had problems but that was due to oil from a leaking oil cooler contaminating the coolant swelling up the O ring seals in the plastic elbows.
Yours uses a slightly different clip which is documented on Forum.
Personally I would cheat and release it at the metal/jubilee type clip which can be twisted until it breaks and then replace with a normal screw type jubilee clip.
Others may have different advice.:)

It depends whether you want to take the easy route and prise off the metal /jubilee clip and just replace the rubber hose or go the whole hog and struggle with the release mechanism on the clip that holds the plastic elbow on.
There are several on Forum who have done both ways. So if you decide to remove with plastic elbow I should read how they go about it.
I had to replace several fittings on a 1.6 Multijet with a spring clip arrangement where the clip was prised back and this allowed the plastic fitting to release, I still had problems but that was due to oil from a leaking oil cooler contaminating the coolant swelling up the O ring seals in the plastic elbows.
Yours uses a slightly different clip which is documented on Forum.
Personally I would cheat and release it at the metal/jubilee type clip which can be twisted until it breaks and then replace with a normal screw type jubilee clip.
Others may have different advice.:)
Cheers mate!

I think I’ll take this route. It looks like my replacement part can disconnect at the elbow.

Appreciate your reply!

Torin.

Agree with Bugsymike. My so called quick release joints leaked after removal on both cars I remooved it. New O rings failed to reseal either as well.
2nd observation is that elbow will not come off unless there is at least a couple of inches to get it clear of the radiator so not much choice on that front.. Maybe if the radiatoras aare on the bench these things can be released without everafter leaks, but I doubt that. If you buy a hose and dont use the elbow, I bet it would sell like hot cakes if you offered it for sale. Gates hose fitted perfectly and was £100 cheaper than Fiat!!!!!!

Back