General Doblo 2007 MPV - Paint Code and Engine Number Locations ?

Currently reading:
General Doblo 2007 MPV - Paint Code and Engine Number Locations ?

OldGeek

My searches online so far have given me the location of the paint code on my 2007 Doblo MPV as "Applied inside the boot lid" I've looked very carefully over the whole car, (door openings, bonnet, tailgate etc..), but I can't find it.

Also, the location of the engine number on the 1.9D Multijet ?

The Fiat manual gives the location in this diagram, but it seems a bit vague.
1664792514212.png

I don't have my 05 1.9JTD Doblo anymore, but on the 2010 1.6 Doblo there is a plate with vin and other details under bonnet on bulkhead slightily to the right and just below the rubber sealing for the vents etc. Engine actual numbers on most cars are pretty inaccesible these days. Re paint codes, most motortrade paint stores have a booklet that would tell you where the code was and good ones the staff can just look at a car and tell straight off and also mix you up half a litre or what ever you wanted.
I remember several years ago I was trying to match one and an old boy came out, took one look from about fifty feet away and said "South Eastern Electricity Board Green" and he was spot on.

I don't have my 05 1.9JTD Doblo anymore, but on the 2010 1.6 Doblo there is a plate with vin and other details under bonnet on bulkhead slightily to the right and just below the rubber sealing for the vents etc. Engine actual numbers on most cars are pretty inaccesible these days. Re paint codes, most motortrade paint stores have a booklet that would tell you where the code was and good ones the staff can just look at a car and tell straight off and also mix you up half a litre or what ever you wanted.
I remember several years ago I was trying to match one and an old boy came out, took one look from about fifty feet away and said "South Eastern Electricity Board Green" and he was spot on.
Thanks for the info. I had noticed the engine number amongst the other numbers on the zinc plate on the bonnet front ledge, but I was hoping to be able to make sure that it still matched the actual engine itslef, in case it had been changed.
My Doblo has a particularly difficult colour to define, it's shown in the reg document as green, and yet it appears to change between green metalic and blue metalic depending on the light source. I assumed it would be a devil to match by eye !

I have memories of paint factors mixing up colour matches for me many years ago when I had a VW T3 van that I converted to a motor caravan. It had started life as a commercial van for a large heating company called Vaillant, who actually had their own "Vaillant" Green which it had been supplied as by VW. Luckilly I had a piece of the bodywork (a side window cutout), that I was able to leave with him. When I returned he said he'd had to make several attempts to match it !! I think it was before professionals used spectrophotometers.

Thanks for the info. I had noticed the engine number amongst the other numbers on the zinc plate on the bonnet front ledge, but I was hoping to be able to make sure that it still matched the actual engine itslef, in case it had been changed.
My Doblo has a particularly difficult colour to define, it's shown in the reg document as green, and yet it appears to change between green metalic and blue metalic depending on the light source. I assumed it would be a devil to match by eye !

I have memories of paint factors mixing up colour matches for me many years ago when I had a VW T3 van that I converted to a motor caravan. It had started life as a commercial van for a large heating company called Vaillant, who actually had their own "Vaillant" Green which it had been supplied as by VW. Luckilly I had a piece of the bodywork (a side window cutout), that I was able to leave with him. When I returned he said he'd had to make several attempts to match it !! I think it was before professionals used spectrophotometers.
Always good to know the correct engine number etc. In my opinion unless vehicle fairly high mileage engine unlikely to have been changed due to reliability of modern vehicle running gear (not electrics;) ) and few mechanics trained on major engine work etc. these days, how many can say they have stripped and rebuilt engines, gearboxes, axles, steering units, brake parts. Nowadays with hydraulic tappets I suspect few have even adjusted valve clearances, something we had to do on every full service! I will agree modern vehicles are much more reliable although when they do go wrong you need a deeper pocket.
Another way of paint matching we used to do was take the fuel filler cap cover in to the paint people.
In the mid 1970s I worked at a Lada Dealership and green ones were a nightmare for shades that were not on the paint code. I turned out the importers had a lot of green models and due to damage in shipping from Russia they had to undertake "minor" bodywork repairs before going to the dealers.;)

My thoughts exactly Bugsy. How many mechanics today would have heard of the "rule of eight" when adjusting the valves ?

Even main dealerships have all lost their utilitarian parts departments, replaced by carpeted offices staffed by motif shirts who have to order everything, which then comes the next day in a numbered bag. We have even lost most breakers yards, due to health and safety rules outlawing us from crawling up onto a car balancing on the roof of another. :)

Hi,

Paint code:

Open the bonnet.

There's a sticker near to the far left corner of the underside of the bonnet.

If that's not clear enough I can take a photo.

Cheers

Ron

My thoughts exactly Bugsy. How many mechanics today would have heard of the "rule of eight" when adjusting the valves ?

Even main dealerships have all lost their utilitarian parts departments, replaced by carpeted offices staffed by motif shirts who have to order everything, which then comes the next day in a numbered bag. We have even lost most breakers yards, due to health and safety rules outlawing us from crawling up onto a car balancing on the roof of another. :)
My method was on the "rock" on number four cylinder, do inlet and exhaust on number one cylinder and so on.
I was amazed when starting work at one garage, on rebuilding an engine and fitting the radiator, being asked "are you not going to start it before putting in rad etc." To which I replied "No, I know it is going to start!" Not being big headed it was a fact from being taught correctly in the first place.
As an apprentice you could go into a stores, throw a part on the counter, the guy would glance at it, quote the part number and fetch it!
One motor factors had a female behind the counter who could mix paint exactly, reline brake shoes and everything else a good parts person would do. The only thing was the business got taken over by a "modern "go ahead type and she was soon out the door as she didn't reflect their corporate image, due to her habit of calling a spade a "effing shovel";)

Hi,

Paint code:

Open the bonnet.

There's a sticker near to the far left corner of the underside of the bonnet.

If that's not clear enough I can take a photo.

Cheers

Ron
Thanks Ron, I'll have a look for it there and report back.....

Back