Technical DOBLO 1.9jtd poor accelaration & tapping sound!

Currently reading:
Technical DOBLO 1.9jtd poor accelaration & tapping sound!

Was just wondering what would have caused the belt to slip?
I don't have a book for the dobbin & never had cause to strip it. Is the tensioner spring loaded or does it rely on oil pressure?

-When was it last checked/replaced?

It appears that the bucket had jammed, locking the camshaft and sheering off the bolt to the cam pulley allowing the cam pulley to just turn on the shaft.

The pistons are damage free but looks like the head is history. The headache so far is locating a suitable donor head. Incredibly the numbers on the head (3 of them) mean nothing! None are part numbers!

The only way it seems that you can tell if 2 engines share the same head is to look up on the dealers computer, enter the chasis or reg. no. of both vehicles and see if they both share the same new replacement part number on their system :bang:

How mad is that :confused:

Can anyone tell me if they know for sure what Fiats have exactly the same engine as the Doblo. I already have found out by a freindly independant Fiat dealer that the Marea does not share the same new part number!

Cheers. Fran

Yes I saw that too, luckily they had a head for sale a lot cheaper & £295 + vat. Head gasket set and stretch bolts cost another £115 and then of course I've got the garage labour time on top of that. It's gonna be a while before I recoup that bitter pill!

I've managed to compile quite a bit of info over the last month from various Fiat dealers and the conclusion seems to be that this engine is specific to the Doblo between the years 2002 to 2004. Even though all the other Fiats models have 1.9 jtd engines the heads are not interchangeable.

Cheers, Franc

HEY FRANC,

Check out your crankshaft pulley for the tapping noise. if the rubber is worn it can cause the balance of the pulley to be affected but dont leave it too long otherwise you'll get an unpleasent surprise someday and the whole thing will come off

Back