Technical Do you have to turn the radio on to make a call?

Currently reading:
Technical Do you have to turn the radio on to make a call?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

jimsmith

I have just taken delivery of a new Panda Cross 4x4 TwinAir. It has a DAB radio unit with no CD player.

I have paired my iPhone using BlueTooth.

In my old Panda 4x4 (It had an FM radio with CD player) you could make a call without turning the radio on. In the new car I haven't been able to make a call unless I turn the radio on first.

Is this normal?

Thanks, Jim

I have just taken delivery of a new Panda Cross 4x4 TwinAir. It has a DAB radio unit with no CD player.

I have paired my iPhone using BlueTooth.

In my old Panda 4x4 (It had an FM radio with CD player) you could make a call without turning the radio on. In the new car I haven't been able to make a call unless I turn the radio on first.

Is this normal?

Thanks, Jim
Is this a u connect unit is assume?

If so yes as the handfree is provided by the head units itself rather then the older blue and me system
You could allways switch it the play media from your phone but leave it paused so it's still silent but will work for handfree

Yes, I think it is uconnect and the old one was blue and me.

Thanks for the info and workaround.

I find on my 2018 Panda, that sometimes I do (need to turn the radio on) and sometimes not! Also, even if it's off, an incoming call always comes through, turning the system on itself when the phone rings.

Thanks. Yes, incoming calls seem OK.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back