Technical Delphi radio code

Currently reading:
Technical Delphi radio code

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Big gerry

Hi everyone my radio gave up in my panda so I got one from a breakers out of a fresher panda fitted prefect but I have no code it’s a Delphi unit and no one seems to be able to get me a code
IMG_1779.jpeg

Does it even have a code? I think (per other threads on here) the BCM needs reprogramming to recognise the new unit. I think from your other threads/comments you say the car is new (to your ownership) so you perhaps did not have the situation of disconnecting the battery with a working radio installed? If you did you may have noted that you didn't have to enter the radio code?

This is my experience - you don't need to re-enter radio codes on these cars if the battery is disconnected (not like back in the day) so its the BCM that recognises the radio.

Does it even have a code? I think (per other threads on here) the BCM needs reprogramming to recognise the new unit. I think from your other threads/comments you say the car is new (to your ownership) so you perhaps did not have the situation of disconnecting the battery with a working radio installed? If you did you may have noted that you didn't have to enter the radio code?

This is my experience - you don't need to re-enter radio codes on these cars if the battery is disconnected (not like back in the day) so its the BCM that recognises the radio.
Hi yes when I changed the radio I disconnected the battery in case I blew a fuse it fitted prefect and lit up looking for a radio code the miles weren’t even flashing Iam hoping I don’t need to visit the dealer

So, trying to be a little more helpful, here are a couple of photos of my TA 4x4 behind the glove box (which has been removed). The silver box in the photos is connected to the radio head unit and, from memory, is described as the radio module. This seemed to be some intermediate connection between the radio and BCM. I am guessing that you need this to match your replacement radio?? @AndyRKett seems better informed on the FIAT electronics and may be able to help?
1698166567171.png
1698166755699.png

I have, in the past, had to have the BCM reprogrammed to accept a couple of new key remotes. I found an independent auto electrician that had the gear to do this (rather than a FIAT main agent who wanted silly money) and i suspect they would be able to do the radio too. However, it's not the job for a "regular" auto electrician - I had to ask a lot before I found one that knew FIAT and understood the requirements - oh and I ended up driving 200mile round trip to get it sorted!

So, trying to be a little more helpful, here are a couple of photos of my TA 4x4 behind the glove box (which has been removed). The silver box in the photos is connected to the radio head unit and, from memory, is described as the radio module. This seemed to be some intermediate connection between the radio and BCM. I am guessing that you need this to match your replacement radio?? @AndyRKett seems better informed on the FIAT electronics and may be able to help? View attachment 432462View attachment 432463

I have, in the past, had to have the BCM reprogrammed to accept a couple of new key remotes. I found an independent auto electrician that had the gear to do this (rather than a FIAT main agent who wanted silly money) and i suspect they would be able to do the radio too. However, it's not the job for a "regular" auto electrician - I had to ask a lot before I found one that knew FIAT and understood the requirements - oh and I ended up driving 200mile round trip to get it sorted!
Thank you very very helpful

Sadly, the basic answer here (which has been covered in another post) is that car breakers shouldn't really try selling preowned Fiat radios as they will not work in another Fiat without the whole system (radio/body computer/imobiliser system) all being reprogrammed to talk to each other. This tends to be expensive.

Last edited:
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back