Technical Aftermarket radio

Currently reading:
Technical Aftermarket radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Hello guys, until today I had no idea trying to swap a dam radio into a panda was so difficult, just plugged the new one in and despite there being power there's no life, been talking to halfords and they say something about the ignition wire being needed for the new radio, I don't know of they mean the signal wire ? Base model panda BTW. Old radio works fine and everything plugs in. Has anyone here dome a radio swap and ran into this problem of radio lifelessness ?? Any info would be amazing thanks !

Hello :)

Are you sure you've connected everything correctly?

What year is your Panda from?

Car producers use their own connection system, aftermarket ones use standard ISO connectors, an adapter can be needed. It can of course be interconnected without the adapter, but some diagrams reading and comparison is needed. And probably you'll need to change cables. The aftermarket radio should have a connection diagram on the box or in the user manual. For the Panda one you could try to look in eLearn. Perhaps there's an appropriate to your model version available in the download section of the forum.

I think that also a proxi alignment in MES could be necessary :) I can't remember if I had to do it after I've swapped my radio to an aftermarket one.

Hello :)

Are you sure you've connected everything correctly?

What year is your Panda from?

Car producers use their own connection system, aftermarket ones use standard ISO connectors, an adapter can be needed. It can of course be interconnected without the adapter, but some diagrams reading and comparison is needed. And probably you'll need to change cables. The aftermarket radio should have a connection diagram on the box or in the user manual. For the Panda one you could try to look in eLearn. Perhaps there's an appropriate to your model version available in the download section of the forum.

I think that also a proxi alignment in MES could be necessary :) I can't remember if I had to do it after I've swapped my radio to an aftermarket one.
2014 👍

The original radio in the Panda is electronically linked with the car’s main control computer, the security imobiliser, the (stand alone) Bluetooth unit, the cars lighting, the speedometer and more…. The body computer communicates via the CanBus data link to provide two sources of power, including turning everything off 20 minutes the engine’s switched off. An aftermarket radio won’t support most of this ‘out of the box’. (True of most modern cars, by the way)

There are workarounds, including a wiring alteration at the fuse box, and various add-on units between the car’s existing wiring and the new radio to make some (but not all) those functions work.

What will the new radio offer that the standard fit one doesn’t?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back