General fiat panda radio problem

Currently reading:
General fiat panda radio problem

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

salvator7

hi there,
two months ago my radio on a 2014 fiat panda 1.2 multijet was stuck in ''phone''. nothing works and no one here in Cyprus can help me. So, i decide and buy a second hand one from Greece with code. But now when i enter the code radio says ''radio blocked l wait''. I have tried 5 times and each time the period waiting is double. Can anyone help me ?

hi there,
two months ago my radio on a 2014 fiat panda 1.2 multijet was stuck in ''phone''. nothing works and no one here in Cyprus can help me. So, i decide and buy a second hand one from Greece with code. But now when i enter the code radio says ''radio blocked l wait''. I have tried 5 times and each time the period waiting is double. Can anyone help me ?
The radio says "BLOCKED/WAIT" because someone has tried a wrong code too many times. You need to leave the radio and ignition switched on continuously until the "BLOCKED/WAIT" message clears, then enter the correct code.

Depending on how many times a wrong code has been tried, the waiting time could be up to 24 hours.

Attachments

• Waiting Times.JPG
    Waiting Times.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 37
The radio says "BLOCKED/WAIT" because someone has tried a wrong code too many times. You need to leave the radio and ignition switched on continuously until the "BLOCKED/WAIT" message clears, then enter the correct code.

Depending on how many times a wrong code has been tried, the waiting time could be up to 24 hours.
Yes i know that. The problem is the code. i was take it from two different ways and was the same, so must be correct, can you help me with a third try?

The code will not work.

The radio is programmed to match the body computer (ECU) of the car it is first fitted to. If you take out the original and later put it back, (or remove the car battery) it will work without needing a code because the radio and ECU 'talk' to each other and check they match. If you put the radio from a different car it will not function, even if you have its code, because that code is different to the one stored in the body computer. A dealer can reset that - for a big fee!

The code will not work.

The radio is programmed to match the body computer (ECU) of the car it is first fitted to. If you take out the original and later put it back, (or remove the car battery) it will work without needing a code because the radio and ECU 'talk' to each other and check they match. If you put the radio from a different car it will not function, even if you have its code, because that code is different to the one stored in the body computer. A dealer can reset that - for a big fee!
Hi I take it Iam in the same boat my radio has gave up in my panda I bought one from a breakers I take it not to even look for a code ?

Hi I take it Iam in the same boat my radio has gave up in my panda I bought one from a breakers I take it not to even look for a code ?
I believe so. My understanding is that a Fiat dealer needs to reset the internal security code system - same process if you replace a lost key. On an earlier Panda this cost me £180 if I remember right (when I lost a key)

Note: there are lots of websites that claim to be able to supply the code for a specific Fiat radio (based on the radio’s serial number). But this will not work if that radio is moved to a different car as the code (from the previous radio) is still stored in the body computer and so will not tally. This only applies to the original fit radio: any aftermarket radio will have its own code and not use this cross-check.

Last edited:
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back