Technical Disturbing noise...

Currently reading:
Technical Disturbing noise...

Somebody else suggested the heater fan too, but the noise is present whether it's on or off.

Listening to it again today, when it's not as noisy as it was yesterday, it does indeed sound like the clicks are coming in pairs, so maybe the relay theory is right. I've uploaded a sample here, if anyone wants a listen...
Do you have AC?When the AC button is pressed the fan blows even in "0" position .

Any news on when the B is going in to be fixed yet Robot?

Not yet. Whenever I receive the bumpers I'll drop it off at the guys who're gonna fix it. Not that I have the money for it - but my girlfriend's loaded and any house we're looking to buy can wait :) I just ordered the bumpers yesterday, so it's probably still 2 weeks or so off (just got a mail from the seller that he had them shipped today) :( Also received a letter today from the customs that the rear part that's gonna be welded onto the B has been stopped in Oslo for want of a receipt :rolleyes: So that parts is probably £30 and 5 days off :shrug: I'm hoping that latest by the end of February I'll be driving my little boat again :yum:

:stupid:

I might be a bad driver but I'm not colourblind :nutter:

The missus and I had to nip to the shops earlier and on parking up mine began to make exactly the same noise!

It is electrical and coming from under the cover where the window wiper motors/linkage sits so I have a feeling it may have been a wiper relay that has become a little damp.

It was raining VERY heavily and I had also jet washed under the bonnet on Saturday so have probably helped induce the problem, ran the wipers for a few mins on the way home and the problem disappeared!
Well, we have that much in common-- when I went to investigate next day, it made the noise once and I've never heard it since!

Don't remember it being particularly wet here when I had the problem, but it's a possibility I guess...

OK, today I tracked down the source of the annoying noise to under the cover between the back of the bonnet and the window-screen.

It is the wiper relay misbehaving, unfortunately for me it is not becoming consistent so I am probably going to have to change it, if anyone is wondering this is where is sits...........

WiperRelay.jpg

And this is what it looks like............

RelayCloseUp.jpg

Its easy to get to, remove the wiper arms and the 6 cover retaining bolts - 2 min job.............

Back