Scudo Difficult starting

Currently reading:
Scudo Difficult starting

Mike S123

Hi and good morning.
I have a Fiat Scudo diesel van 2002 model and had numerous people looking at this problem. Maybe someone on here might be able to assist?

Key will turn over the engine and no firing or start, if you keep turning off the key and retrying eventually it will fire, even then it may not run, keep trying and it will fire and run perfectly.
Any suggestions please?

Hi and good morning.
I have a Fiat Scudo diesel van 2002 model and had numerous people looking at this problem. Maybe someone on here might be able to assist?

Key will turn over the engine and no firing or start, if you keep turning off the key and retrying eventually it will fire, even then it may not run, keep trying and it will fire and run perfectly.
Any suggestions please?

Hi

If it Cranks over at every attempt..

I would test rail pressures ..
then contemplate a new position sensor

Crank or cam ;)

Hi, thank you for that. When running it goes perfect. Not sure if that helps as far as rail pressure goes?

Hi, thank you for that. When running it goes perfect. Not sure if that helps as far as rail pressure goes?

The fuel is supplied from the tank..
Then fed through a high pressure pump that is engine driven

More revs : more pressure

It needs a good pressure in the rail before injection can happen..

Slow cranking..or a tired pump can cause poor starting

Once the engine 'fires' the pressure will double due to rpm increasing

So could be a pump..or something bleeding off pressure..

Let us know what you find :)

Last edited:
Hello. Am having the rail pressure checked tomorrow and also to see if there is any leak from injectors or relief valve.
I will keep you posted

Also, you've said that numerous people were looking at it... have they looked at the engine starter? If it's brushes are worn out, this is how the car would do, like you've described yours is doing.

Back