Styling differnt mk1 models

Currently reading:
Styling differnt mk1 models

adzz

Hi, i've got a Mk1 1 sx85 3 door. I was wandering;
all mk1s, so any model 93-99 (i think??), are interior parts interchangeabel? as in, could i take stuff from a S 60 say and fit them into my SX85? such as seats, door cards, centre console ect. are they all pretty much the same car, just with different engines?

thanks

as missey said there switchable once your car has same amount of doors as doner car.,
you wont find any goodies in a 60S though, well except power steering but the interior is cr*p., Look for an ELX or a GT to source your interior.,(y)

Cool thanks guys,
just quickly, whats the differnce between the sporting and the GT??

Later GT seats are more like bucket seats, and are very comfy.

Later sporting seats have an adjustable lumbar support, but are not as supportive as GT seats.

Middle era GT (GT2) seats are the best IMO, but I do have them...

bad photo but you get the idea, they are actually a mid/dark grey

seats21.jpg

this is a better photo for the colour...

steering_wheel1.jpg

60 S power steering....you been drinking brake fluid vtec? :p

No actually, ive had 2 of them and both had power steering but no other fancy stuff, I still have one of them, also had an ELX (had power steering and all the bells), SX (didnt have power steering, had front elec windows, plastic bumpers etc), still have the "S" (poverty model, nothing in it when i got it, now has colour coded bumpers, CL, Alarm, Tints, and will have power steering tomorrow.,lol):D

Ive had 2 1.2 60s poth with power steering,., the SX didnt have though, maybe we just have better cars than you lot.,:p

and near end of 98, early 99 fiat just fitted what was left basicly, you saw s's with pas, sx's with coloured bumpers, centre consoles etc.
all manufacturers do that, its coz people know theres a new one comming out soon so unless the current one is worth it they'll just wait for the new one.,:)

Back