General diffeerent spec...why?

Currently reading:
General diffeerent spec...why?

Big Vern

Different spec - why?

NOTE BY STUART - THIS WAS A DOUBLE THREAD, AND I MESSED UP THE MERGE :(

I bought my o2 reg,1.2 active in Ireland from new.
Now got a 53 plate 1.6 active.UK reg.
Completely different speg..eg.
1) No traction control.
2) No c.d player.
3) No lumbar support on drivers seat.
4) No lights on door panels.
5) No mirrors on sun visors.
Is this normal?.....Oh and no 6th gear,the biggest pain in the ass.
Petrol eating and higher revving noisy mo' fo'!:(

REPLY BY -

well i think the 6 speed box is only fitted to the 1.2.
rest of the spac differences i havent a clue

REPLY BY -

Dynamic is the higher spec got all the toys :) well at least mine has but unfortunatly they didnt do a 6speed box for the 1.6 I do recollect a thread about it somwhere :idea: where I was asking whether it would fit the 1.6 but the answer i got was NO :(

REPLY BY -

Dont know if it's normal but by removing all the above there's less to go wrong. My 04 JTD has so much less than my 03 1.6Dynamic but it's so much more reliable.

REPLY BY -

My car is definitely an active,but why the difference in Irish spec and uk spec? The old 1.2 is a better car,but has to go back to Ireland.Boo-hoo!:cry:

REPLY BY -

I know.But when you get used to the "comforts" and then you don't have them.......!

REPLY BY -

im afraid "active" is the poverty spec on the stilo and is the lowest spec they do over here? If you wanted the same sort toy's as you had before you should have gone for the dynamic which is the highest spec under the abarth!

The traction control only comes standard on the 1.8/1.9/2.4 otherwise its an optional extra as new!

The CD player come standard in the dynamic, and i think a few other like active sport and active aircon, oh and xbox!

We have an 1.2 16v active and ours has the lumbar support on the divers seat, so i dont see why yours dosent have it? It also have light on the doors panels and a mirror in the sunvisor so im lost :confused:

also why did you buy it if you obviously knew it didnt have these things??? and you require them????

Wasn't down to choosing it if it didn't have them.
I bought it off my brother in-law cheap.And was just wondering why the difference.I'm not exactly losing sleep.
And are you a copper? Why the questions?

many of those specs where standards at stilo's launch... then a few years later the got taken off on many versions. ie in 2001/02 traction control and 6 airbags were standard for alla stilos, later they were not

My 03 reg JTD dynamic has no traction control, the active didn't have a cd player as standard and I can remember a thread before somewhere about someone buying a new stilo without the puddle lights on the doors.

If you bothered about the lights you can buy them from a dealership probably. Don't know how much they cost.

Fiat are past-masters at p!ssing about with their spec on a regular basis.

As lire say's, plenty of kit has been taken off newer models compared to the older cars.

Contrary to others, I think the 1.2 16v Active is a nice model in the range although your comments about top gear in the 1.6 16v surprise me; I thought that 5th on the 1.6 was about the same ratio as 6th on the 1.2, but it has wider spaced ratios :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Vern said:
I bought my o2 reg,1.2 active in Ireland from new.
Now got a 53 plate 1.6 active.UK reg.
Completely different speg..eg.
1) No traction control.
2) No c.d player.
3) No lumbar support on drivers seat.
4) No lights on door panels.
5) No mirrors on sun visors.
Is this normal?.....Oh and no 6th gear,the biggest pain in the ass.
Petrol eating and higher revving noisy mo' fo'!:(

I got a 1.2 bought in the UK with
1) Traction Control
2) 5CD Changer
3) Lumbar Support
4) Lights on both door panels
5) Mirror on passenger sun visor
6) Six speed box

Re: Different spec - why?

Oops :O

Looks like I merged posts, not the two threads - sorry :(

Shall we start again :D - I have no idea who posted what :chin:

Last edited:
Re: Different spec - why?

Stuart DemonD said:
Oops :O

Looks like I merged posts, not the two threads - sorry :(

Shall we start again :D - I have no idea who posted what :chin:

Dont think it really matters who posted what Stu I think he got the jist of it (y) :D

ian1delap said:
I got a 1.2 bought in the UK with
1) Traction Control
2) 5CD Changer
3) Lumbar Support
4) Lights on both door panels
5) Mirror on passenger sun visor
6) Six speed box

Ok, well

1) This was dropped in 03 for ABS Version 8 taken for the Alfa 147; it has now returned (late 04 onwards I believe, although it may be that all ESP cars have it; this I just don't know!)
2) Never standard on any Stilo, except maybe early Abarth's, due to the Connect Nav+ taking up the disc slot for the maps
3) So far as I know this has always been on all drivers seats on all Stilos? May be wrong . . .
4) This again was dropped and then brought back to the spec. Was originally dropped on production cars from Dec 2002, then restored from chassis number 314035 (May 2003)
5) I remember hearing that this had been dropped; early Stilo's had both illuminated, last time I checked the drivers side had lost it's illumination, but still had the mirror.
6) Only fitted to 1.2 petrols and 1.9 MJet diesels.

Hope that sheds some light! The Stilo has had more spec changes than I've had hot dinners . . . :p

Last edited:
My 1.2's got the lot as it was built early Jan 02. I did notice when i went to the dealer for a service and looked at the 1.4 active they had in, it was missing a lot of stuff that my car had. Probably just FIAT cost cutting some more...

Back